March 31, 2013
Just Doing Your Job
Hold on. What? Crucify Him? You're not squeamish about the process one bit,
and if it's what it takes to quell some bothering riot you're all for it. You have plans for the weekend, after all. But damn it's gonna be hard to do quickly, because this guy Jesus apparently has a sizable following. Not that they are armed, but that many people can cause trouble if they want to. There goes your weekend plans for sure. Some talk about Him not staying dead, like all good examples of the tender mercies of Rome do. Great. Extra duty and no extra salt to show for it. -- | Primordial Slack
Sunday, Sunday, Can't Stack That Day
- The Most Famous Ship that Didn’t Sink
- World's Hottest Pizza Is Three Times Stronger than Police Pepper Spray
- Meenakshi Amman Temple – India’s Dazzling Shrine Saturated with Statues
- Little Free Libraries Bring Neighbors Together
- Congressman Wants To Know Who, And Where, Are The 30 Benghazi Survivors
- Illuminated Manuscripts: On The History Of Neon What, in the end, makes advertisements so superior to criticism? Not what the moving red neon sign says â but the fiery pool reflecting it in the asphalt.
- Corpse Brides, Forced Abortions, Infanticide, and Child Trafficking: The Modern-Day Consequences of China's One-Child Policy
- This Weird Green Rock Is From Mercury
March 30, 2013
No More Spanking, J-Boy
Eisenhower Dynasty Makes Its Move
Boulder couple involved in topless-gardening fight investigated over threat to president: A man and a woman were behaving in an "unstable" way and said they were going to Washington, D.C., to "set some things straight.".... Robert Pierce told officers that he is the illegitimate son of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, and, according to the police report, he had documents in the car that appeared to support that claim.
The reverence these people get is even more disturbing.
An actor is merely repeating lines he read an hour ago, and he's doing it the way the director told him to a second ago. It's not a craft. It's karaoke without singing. Even the director's job is overrated. All he's doing is watching TV live and noticing when he doesn't like something. You know who else does that? Oh, everyone. -- 10 Things I Hate About LA
Carrey? Sorry,Not Funny
Saturdays Stack Up But Don't Back Up
- An Ode to Movie Mainframes
- The Mystery of the Tiny Door in a Tree
- 10 Things I Hate About LA Even cool people in LA dress terribly. They either look like dads dressed up as hipsters for Halloween or giant babies who have been locked in the grunge closet since 1993.
- One Cʘsmos: Mozart Denied Tenure for Teaching Dangerous Doctrine that Most Music is Pretty Lame
- The Case for Revenge - The Chronicle Review - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Supreme Court to rule on eating shellfish
- Realtouch USB pleasure device brings porn into the 4th dimension (Part 1) "USER UNDERSTANDS THERE IS A RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT" (Capitals theirs, not mine).
- Autonomous robot jellyfish being developed for military surveillance | Geek-Cetera | Geek.com
- INCEPTION or “duhhhhn,” that low and loud synthesized hum—ominous and brain-addling.
March 29, 2013
"Men are qualified for libertyin exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their own appetites.... Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." -- Edmund Burke [QQQ - Maggie's Farm]
The Rot at the Center
If a dirty old man showed these things to a ten year old in a park, he would be arrested. But when Planned Parenthood shows them to kids in a classroom, it gets government money. -- Rush Limbaugh
Had Enough Therapy?
The Bag Lady Complex Symptomatic of an American cultural failure. For all of our zealous pursuit of lofty ideals like truth, justice and equality we have forgotten how to get along with other people.
LAWRENCE AUSTER: JANUARY 26, 1949 - MARCH 29, 2013
The Revolutionary Diet Book
This book is designed for people who are overweight. The book formulates a perspective where weight loss is treated as a political act against a consumptive, capitalist, culture of excess. All other diet books promise 'beauty' 'beach bodies' and such nonsense, this book however, argues that weight-loss should stem from a desire to live in a world where resources are shared by all. by Revolutionary Books
Friday's Stack's Slacks
The 727 that Vanished With its lights off and its transponder not transmitting, 844AA took off to the southwest, and headed out over the Atlantic Ocean. The 727 and the two men have not been seen since.
March 28, 2013
Amnesty for All and Jobs for None
Like stray dogs drawn to an open sewer, after a bitter election, the Democrats and Republicans have found themselves drawn together to illegal alien amnesty. -- -- Sultan Knish
Lesbians To Establish Republic Of Lesbia
The move follows legal action by the Greek island of Lesbos who claim only their lesbians should be allowed to call themselves Lesbians, and not because they are lesbians, but because they are Lesbians. -- Daily Mash
"I decline to accept the end of man.
It is easy enough to say that man is immortal simply because he will endure:
that when the last dingdong of doom has clanged and faded from the last worthless rock hanging tideless in the last red and dying evening, that even then there will still be one more sound: that of his puny inexhaustible voice, still talking. I refuse to accept this. I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. -- William Faulkner - Banquet Speech
Mother-in-Law Jokes Sully 2nd Day of Supreme Court Gay Marriage Hearings
What’s the definition of mixed emotions?” Justice Ginsberg asked. “Watching your mother-in-law drive over a steep cliff in your brand new car.” The raucous laughter of the courtroom began to dissipate as Chief Justice Roberts playfully pounded his gavel and called for a 15 minute recess. Moments later outside the courtroom a lawyer for the plaintiffs summed up the feelings of his colleagues and clients: “What the f*ck was that?” -- Day's Rash
and be readable as long as the paper lasts. Every scientist and every surveyor knows this and it is only tenderfeet, who use a soft pencil and fountain pen for making field notes, because an upset canoe will blur all ink marks and the constant rubbing of the pages of the book will smudge all soft pencil marks. -- The Manly Tradition of the Pocket Notebook
"So long mom, I'm off to drop the bomb / So don't wait up for me...."
Why the U.S. is flying B-2 stealth bombers over Korea : The two planes left a U.S. military base in Missouri, dropped inert munitions on a South Korean island, and then flew back home. -- The Week
"Gay marriage was never the issue. It was always marriage."
Sultan Knish: The Deconstruction of Marriage In the world that the deconstructionists are striving to build,
there will be marriage, but it will mean nothing. Like a greeting card holiday, it will be an event, but not an institution. An old ritual with no further meaning. An egotistical exercise in attention-seeking and self-celebration with no deeper purpose. It will be a display every bit as hollow as the churches and synagogues it takes place in.
Racial hypocrisy is national policy.
Now we have the wave of savage attacks by gangs of blacks against whites. As any sentient being has noticed, the government and the media diligently hide these attacks.
At least, the media have done so in the past. If feral blacks beat a white man into brain damage, we hear that it was done by teenagers, or youths, or children. (Whites are about half of the population of Washington, DC, and the rest are teenagers.) Race determines press coverage. But the censoring works less well now. The flies in the ointment of suppression are the cell cam, the surveillance camera, and the internet, the only free press we have. -- Fred On Everything
"From meetings at the White House to travels around the country, the Vice President will share his perspective in candid, behind-the-scenes snapshots. In other words, he’ll explain what it’s like 'Being Biden.' ”
Thursday's Stack is Outer Space
- Trippy Space Colonies A look back into the future of space colonization.
- Can We Please Stop Drawing Trees on Top of Skyscrapers? Life sucks up there. For you, for me, for trees, and just about everything else except peregrine falcons.
- Rodgers and Hart's Dysfunctional Partnership
- Lucy in the Sky is a Diamond The white dwarf star is a chunk of crystallized carbon that weighs 5 million trillion trillion pounds. That would equal a diamond of 10 billion trillion trillion carats.
- Is North Korea Forcing Diplomats To Sell Drugs Abroad?
- Ships in bottles. Storytelling. Bottled History....
- How We're Turning Digital Natives Into Etiquette Sociopaths
- Live bomb found in squid
March 27, 2013
Low Information Fornicators
CDC: 110,197,000 Venereal Infections in U.S.; Nation Creating New STIs Faster Than New Jobs or College Grads The STI study referenced by the CDC estimated that 50 percent of the new infections in 2008 occurred among people in the 15-to-24 age bracket. In fact, of the 19,738,800 total new STIs in the United States in 2008, 9,782,650 were among Americans in the 15-to-24 age bracket.
Not enough money in the world....
Man trapped in ‘It’s a Small World’ wins suit Martinez suffers from panic attacks and high blood pressure,
both of which became an issue as he sat in the boat, the “Small World” song playing over and over and over, Geffen said. “He was half in the cave of the ride and half out,” Geffen said. “The music was blaring. They couldn’t get it to go off.”
Indiana Jones, Pedophile, Starring in "Raiders of Her Lost Innocence"
George Lucas — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve.
George Lucas — It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.
Steven Spielberg — And promiscuous. She came onto him.
"The average American is encouraged to think street culture is legitimate"
and that family traditions and obligations are irrelevant and outdated.
They are encouraged to seek sexual liberation at any cost, and to put the value of the life of animals and plants above that of human beings. Such are the people who can listen to rebellious rock and roll into their 50s and 60s and find the very perversion of homosexuality to be inherently interesting. But it is not homosexuality itself, but the socially transgressive political activist sort designed to make everyone else uncomfortable that these people seek out. Think about it. These activists are exploiting the sex lives of their fellow citizens in order to make a swipe at everyone else. Pathetic, but effective. -- In Which I Describe the Decline of the West to a Russian - Cobb
Love is dying, the system is killing it.
The only acceptable portrayal of fulfilled love is with vampires and BDSM billionaires, not because those men are great but because there's no worry you'll meet one, enjoy your little fantasy. Now back to work, whore, you need fulfillment. The Last Psychiatrist: Don't Hate Her Because She's Successful
The House That Ben Built
Building housing for humans is already one of the most efficient, mechanized, and orderly processes there is in the American landscape.
It takes so long, costs so much, and seems so mysterious and infuriating to people with skinny glasses because the process is filled with people like them -- clerks, nabobs, government officials, endless ranks of rulemakers telling the people that build shelter, and he people that occupy said shelter, exactly what they're allowed to build and live in. -- Sippican Cottage
People of Walmart
At the Resort Plaza Walmart, people can save a dollar. And, apparently, waste a buck as well. By shooting it with a handgun, that is. -- Man accused of bagging buck from Walmart parking lot
"Democrats don't reward candidates who hurt them.
"Where's John Edwards' comeback campaign?
If you so much as mention his name on MSNBC, they'll cut to a commercial break. Where's Howard Dean's TV show? The only place that would employ Dennis Kucinich is Fox News. (That is, as soon as Keebler lets him out of his contract.)" -- Where's Luca Brasi When You Need Him? - Ann Coulter
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst / Are full of passionate intensity." - Yeats
This is a pageant of the elite. Once the Nine Robed Ones
agreed to hear these cases, anything that you or I might think about the subject ceased to matter. The Supreme Court has in recent decades become the antithesis of democracy, the weapon employed by those who, unwilling to work patiently to change law by the usual processes, instead seek to have their opponentsâ views ruled unconstitutional. -- The Fanatic Disciples of Equality : The Other McCain
"We must stop encouraging the Dumb to be 'political.' "
Lesbian Avenger, Shirtless Transgendered, and Gay Guy/Lesbian
all claim the status of Most Marginalized simultaneously and ergo argue that each one's Unquestionable Truth must trump all others. Which leads to a lot of frustration and confusion among all the players, as literally none of them can fathom why their "I Win" trump card isn't being honored. -- Extraordinary
Stack O' Wednesday Woe
- The Best Pictures of Every Planet
- Is the world crazy? Or is it just you? And if it is crazy, how could we ever know? -- One Cʘsmos: Putting the Cosmos on the Couch
- United States Ready To Declare War On The Sun
- Zuckerman: The Great Recession Has Been Followed by the Grand Illusion
- Atheist Thomas Nagel branded a ‘heretic’ for daring to question Darwinism | Holy Post
- How to Teach Your Unborn Child about Star Trek
- Waiter, is this a hand grenade in my soup? North American Hotel Workers Are More Likely To Sabotage Rude Customers
- The Chemistry of Kibble
- Kim Jong Un gets to grips with North Korean army's latest technology
- Get Drunk Off Of A Whiskey Tornado
- "This Is among the Best Boiled Sheep Heads I Have Ever Had."
- So...I Bought A Firetruck
March 26, 2013
Person least likely to develop atherosclerosis
“A hypotensive, bicycling, unemployed, hypo-beta-lipoproteinic, hyper-alpha-lipoproteinic, non-smoking, hypolipaemic, underweight, premenopausal female dwarf living in a crowded room on the island of Crete before 1925 and subsisting on a diet of uncoated cereals, safflower oil, and water.” -- Soulmates – Futility Closet
Well, it's a good thing that today's gay activists aren't going around trying to jam something down other people's throats. Right? Right.
This is an unusual paragraph.
"This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain, you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual, though. Study it, think about it… but you still may not find anything odd. "
Give up? Answer here @ Neatorama
Tuesday's Stack Is Off the Track
- Sippican Cottage: Ancient Posts Currently Under Assault By Skeevy Spammers For Some Reason: This Old Cave
- Charles Krafft and the Conundrum of Nazi Art : The New Yorker
- Get that tune out of your head - scientists find how to get rid of earworms - Telegraph
- Mussolini's final secret bunker discovered in Rome
- iMeanwhile, The Left's Enemy is Anyone Trying To Keep This Culture From Spreading
- Crime-fighting security guard who is losing job now jailed “In two weeks, it’ll be back to what it was when I got here: (expletive) crazy!” he said. “The drug dealers will be back, the prostitutes will be back …”
- The Tremendously Explosive Power Of Flour
- Scientists: Marijuana causes global warming - National Libertarian | Examiner.com
- Read This Blog or the Puppy and Kitten Get It
- China's Testing Woes Remind That Developing Carrier Planes Is Hard
- "Think twice before you set your snake on fire."
March 25, 2013
“These costs are nothing out of the ordinary."
DHS supplies ammo for “nearly 100,000″ federal agents?
DHS Ammo Purchases: The Math Don't Add Up According to a search I did of wikipedia
on various federal law enforcement agencies I see that the FBI has 13,000 special agents authorized to carry a gun. The DEA/ICE has 11,000 such agents. The ATF (Secret Service, Treasury Dept.) has 2,000 armed goons. For all the misc. agencies that have acquired permission to arm their personnel over the last few years, like: Dept. of Education, Social Security Administration, Housing and Urban Development, the Weather Service, FAA, Dept. of Energy, et al, I’ll add an additional 2,000 gun bearers with badges. That comes to around 28,000 federal agents, not “nearly 100,000.”Maybe DHS is planning on having to go to war against the Marines. Serving now or retired. [Report: Obama Ousting Marine CENTCOM Chief Mattis]
Earth Hour Is a Colossal Waste of Time—and Energy
Hypothetically, switching off the lights for an hour would cut CO2 emissions from power plants around the world.
But, even if everyone in the entire world cut all residential lighting, and this translated entirely into CO2 reduction, it would be the equivalent of China pausing its CO2 emissions for less than four minutes. In fact, Earth Hour will cause emissions to increase. -- Bjørn Lomborg @ - Slate Magazine
Monday's Stack's Turning Black
- Postcards from google earth by clement valla
- LIVING, LEARNING, AND GOING LONG WITH GYPSY BOOTS, AMERICA’S FIRST HIPPIE
- Olympus Has Fallen and 5 other obvious Die Hard knockoffs - The Week
- Air Force Holds Bake Sale to Buy Bomber
- North West. Kim Kardashian & Kanye Are Naming Their Baby North West.
- If you click the link, you already know your score: Internet Addiction Test
- Russian Orthodox Priests Want to Take Back Alaska and Save Its Non-Gays
- Building 72' schooner in Viet Nam
- Show me the bombing of the moon:
GRAIL Maps the Moons Gravity
March 24, 2013
Sunday's Amazing Graceful Stack
- The Internet finally reaches its apex as man marrying My Little Pony character writes angry email to erotic pony artist
- Russian Daredevil Hangs On From Great Heights
- Marguerite Yourcenar: On a Dream of Dürer's
- BLDGBLOG: Rockets to Reefs
- What is the temperature in Hell? Is it hot or cold?
- Building the World's Largest Ship (in 76 seconds)
- Despite Widely Varied Appearances, Giant Squid Worldwide Are Only One "Very Weird" Species
- The Sexiest Garlic Press Commercial Ever
- All the Spammers in the World May Only Make $200 Million a Year
March 23, 2013
Saturday's Fully Fracked Stack
- TSA cautions college kids about key lime pie A key lime pie “could be subject to some additional screening.”
- File Under: "I don't want to know." How Zombie Worms Have Sex in Whale Bones | LiveScience
- Why the Pope Wears Red Shoes
- To dream the impossible dream: Bloods Gang Member Found With 100 Bags Of Heroin Hidden In His Anus (Which Appears To Be A New Record)
- Here's a Reminder Not To Tell Your Foreign Lover U.S. Nuke Secrets | Danger Room
- A Requiem for Chuck Norris’s Beard
- Wait for It: Voyager 1 Has Not Yet Left the Solar System
- Seven Foods You Think Are Healthy But Aren't | PBS NewsHour
- He Came and He Went: Porn Star Harry Reems Dead At 65
March 22, 2013
Friday's Stack is Filled with Slack
- Crocodile caught and shot in Northern Territory, Australia "We're going to need bigger trucks."
- Why baseball is abandoning the stolen base Billy Hamilton had a jaw-dropping 155 stolen bases in the minors last year — a figure that is all but unimaginable in today's power-driven Big League
- "Scratch and sniff" cannabis cards produced by Crimestoppers to help people recognise smell of cannabis farms
- A Brief History of Applause from Neatorama
- FYI: Why Are Celebrities Injecting Their Faces With Blood? The science of the "vampire facial"
- Mars Bluff Crater "Not too many people can say they've had a nuclear bomb dropped on them, not too many would want to." -Walter Gregg
- Europe's Wild Men They become bears, stags, and devils. They evoke death but bestow fertile life. They live in the modern era, but they summon old traditions.
- One Reason Women Stay Home: Because It's Easier on Everyone
Thursday's Stack, S.W.A.K.
- Possibly World War II's Coolest Photo The Story Behind This Photo of a RAF Pilot
- Al Gore Slams Vatican for Deadly Smoke Signals
- The Art of the Steal Have art thieves gotten bolder?
- “Of Revenge” — Francis Bacon "REVENGE is a kind of wild justice...."
- "If you think TV is a gimmick, you're never going to win an election again"
- Bridge goes missing in western Turkey In 2011, a 50-foot-long bridge in western Pennsylvania suffered a similar fate when thieves used blowtorches to dismantle it and sell off the parts.
- Shipwrecked By Hurricane Sandy: The Strange Tale Of The Sinking Of The Bounty
- Don’t panic: Lululemon faces pants shortage after style recalled over see-through material
- 'Bad taste' cat-skin rug auction upsets animal advocates The ginger tabby is being sold online as a "great little gift for the man-cave". Bids close tonight at 8pm.
Wednesday's Stack Will Not Retract
- The day that Mount St. Helens literally blew its top - Neatorama
- How earthquakes create most of the world's gold deposits
- 1982 BLADE RUNNER Executive Notes - They Hated It
- Home-builder confidence declines in March - Economic Report - MarketWatch
- You Need A Real Man Because Hipster Friends Can’t Fix Broken Washing Machines
- Beyond Big Gulps: 5 other bizarre bans in New York history Giuliani: "There is something really sad about you and you need help... This excessive concern with little weasels is a sickness."
- Yes, You Can Tell From His Face What Your Dog Is Feeling
March 21, 2013
Affirmative Action Begins At Home
Good News for Drunken Overweight Lesbians Being "Studied" by the Feds
Feds: $400,000 To Study Duck Penises! Underfunded compared to the drunken lesbian study at $2.7 million and the obese lesbian study at $1.5 million, but you gotta start somewhere because.... "A lesbian is a terrible thing to waste."
Hot moola shower from the government because..... "A lesbian is a terrible thing to waste."
$2.7M Federal Study: Why Do Lesbians Have Higher 'Risk for Hazardous Drinking'? The study is being led by Tonda Hughes,
professor at the Department of Health Systems Science at the University of Illinois, an “internationally recognized expert in the area of alcohol use among lesbians.” The NIH also is funding a study to examine why “three-quarters” of lesbians are obese, spending a total of $1.5 million on that research.A recognized "expert" in alcohol use among lesbians? I wonder how you get started in that line of "expertise."
Special Diet Not At Issue [Bumped and Updated]
Feds Spend $1.5 Million to Study Why Lesbians Are Fat UPDATE: Feds Spend $1.5 Million to Study Why Lesbians Are Fat? BY William M. Briggs S. Bryn Austin, Director of Fellowship Research Training in the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital,
was only being smart. Turns out the government issued an announcement begging people to take its money to study these things. If it wasn’t Austin, it would have been somebody else. Yes. “PA-07-409″, or Health Research with Diverse Populations, was government instigated. It’s focus “is on research that bears upon on the health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and other diverse populations.” I know, or think I know, the meaning of the first four terms, but I haven’t any idea what “intersex” means, and I’m leery of typing it into a browser.UPDATE 2: Now that Big Government dominates the healthcare industry,
more important social justice issues are addressed. This usually involves searching for âdisparitiesâ â i.e., evidence that even disease is racist, homophobic, et cetera, thereby requiring more government spending and more emphasis on racism, homophobia, et cetera. -- Moonbattery
"Enter the acronym LGBTQA."
"That’s as it is of this writing. Hardly a year goes by when more letters aren’t added. What a strange society that tracks its citizens by whom (or what) they want to have sex with!" -- The Argument Against Same-Sex Marriage, Part IV (Final) | William M. Briggs
The Cake (Hotel) Is Not a Lie
Unclear if the blonde comes with the bathwaterCake hotel opens to the public in Soho | Metro News
A YOUNGER, HIPPER MESSAGE: Karl Rove, John Boehner and Jeb Bush Announce Exciting Republican Re-branding!
They were swept into power in 2010 on a tidal wave of Constitutional Conservatism. And instead of embracing it, they spit on it.
The dinosaurs in the GOP need to go. Don't give the RNC a penny. Don't give American Crossroads a cent. Donate only to candidates who embrace First Principles, who adore the Constitution, and who readily admit our dire predicament. Doug Ross @ Journal
"A voluble vagina"
Those of us who belong to the realist school of vagina impersonation,
who believe private parts should be at all costs mute (and we are legion), were seriously nonplussed. A voluble vagina — and this one was chatty to the point of incontinence — was seen as a fanciful add-on, an app if you will, that seriously distorted the fidelity that should exist between art and its object. -- The deplorable hollowness of our campus ‘progressives’
Getting the Woman Out of Women
The single greatest obstacle to turning women into fully productive members of the workforce, i.e. batteries,
is not men obstructing them but their persistent belief in metaphysics. If the thing that is keeping women out of the underpaid labor force is "family", then family must go, and if what pulls them towards family is love then love has to be a fantasy. -- The Last Psychiatrist: Don't Hate Her Because She's Successful
"Half of all marriages end in divorce."
Yes, stupid, everyone says that, half of all marriages under 25 end in divorce,
but wait till thirty and the deck is way more favorable, you have to learn how to count cards. But this isn't some kind of failing of marriage itself, some structural defect in a system that's been running for thousands of years, the problem isn't marriage, the problem is you. -- The Last Psychiatrist: Don't Hate Her Because She's Successful
"Behead those who refuse to diss Jesus Christ"
Florida Atlantic Student Suspended For Refusing to Step on Jesus … ”Faculty and students at academic institutions
pursue knowledge and engage in open discourse. While at times the topics discussed may be sensitive, a university environment is a venue for such dialogue and debate.” What a surprise – The crazy professor behind this stunt is a Democratic Party Leader. [HT: Bird Dog @ Maggies]
Sunday's Stack is Full of Grace
- Unqualified Reservations: The path to (dark) enlightenment As Oliver Cromwell put it, "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken."
- Krazy by Stefan Kanfer George Herriman brought brilliant farce and artistic whimsy to the funny pages.
- The permanent revolution Please don't deny that you are a believer in this revolutionary ideology — and it is revolutionary; so much so that Republican Democracy, Fascism, and Communism are just minor doctrinal disputes within it.
- Darth Vader, Alien among revelers at Holy Week celebrations in Peru
- For Whom the Bell Tolls The inexorable decline of America’s least favorite pronoun.
- Stunning images of deadly killer diseases brings focus to cervical cancer and Huntingdon's Disease
- That's blooming brilliant! Scientists develop tough petunia plant which survives temperatures of -10C and will continue flowering through winter
- Ever heard the sound of a nuclear bomb going off? Historian unveils one of the few surviving audio recordings of blast from 1950's Nevada tests
- I am convinced, having long ago decided to become a Neo-Victorian, that I am liking where my new tastes are taking me. And I am finding less and less disappointment as the mass marketers gradually degrade their products as they sell them to the late adopters... - Cobb
March 20, 2013
How Do It Know?
The Great American Thermos Hoard. @ A Continuous Lean.
They don't call it "Talon" for nothing.
17,616 Men Went to the ER for Zipper-Related Penis Injuries Between 2002 and 2010
March 19, 2013
Sweeney Todd For Senate Barber
With the Senate Barbershop running annual deficits of $350,000, Senate sergeant at arms Terry Gainer whats to privatize it. If this should happen there is only one man for the job and his name is Sweeney Todd. Talk about cutting the size of government. We know how politicians like their pork, well just wait until they get a load of Mrs. Lovett's meat pies. -- iMaksim.com
Not So Titanic After All
We all think of the Titanic as a big ocean liner well at least I did until I saw this comparison: Titanic vs Allure of the Seas.
Tuesday's Stack Takes a Lot of Flak
- Advice For First-Time Haunted House Buyers
- Euclid’s Elements. No other mathematical book has had this sort of influence. There is nothing like it.
- WikiDumper: The Official Appreciation Page for the Best of the Wikipedia Rejects.
- "The other four were burned alive their flaming genitals dropping to the floor...."
- FuturePundit: Newcastle Virus Modified To Kill Only Prostate Cancer Cells
- Here's Why The Navy Doesn't Have Its Own Fleet of Killer Attack Dolphins
- World’s Strongest Coffee Has 200 Percent More Caffeine than Average Roasts
March 18, 2013
"Ah, the life of the mind!"
A lesbian bondage expert and a campus-wide condom scavenger hunt are among the activities planned for The University of Tennessee’s first-ever “Sex Week.”
The six-day event is expected to cost nearly $20,000 – covered in part by university grants, student fees and contributions from academic departments… There are 30 events planned including “Getting Laid,” “Sex Positivity; Queer as a Verb,” “Bow Chicka Bow Woah,” “How to Talk to Your Parents About Sex,” “Loud and Queer,” and “How Many Licks Does It Take…” – a workshop about oral sex. -- davidthompson: An Expert in Leather
Can't Happen Here Right? Yeah, Right. [Bumped]
ATHENS — In a move that could set off new fears of contagion
across the euro zone, anxious depositors drained cash from automated teller machines in Cyprus on Saturday, hours after European officials in Brussels required that part of a new 10 billion euro bailout be paid for directly from the bank accounts of ordinary savers. -- Facing Bailout Tax, Cypriots Try to Get Cash Out of BanksThe Thefts Will Stop When We Start Shooting and Hanging the Thieves. Not Before.
Title of the Month
Are Monday's Time to Shack Up or Stack Up?
15. The members of the Rainbow Bus Club
- 26 Things You'll See On Public Transportation
- Doug Ross @ Journal: What the Democrat Party Told Me They told me that I exist to serve the government and not the other way around. They told me that anyone who opposes their unconstitutional, reckless and failed policies are racists.
- WEIRDNESS. PORN SETS WITHOUT PORN.
- The Tyranny of the Virtuous Puritans haven't vanished, they've merely changed the subject.
- How the Aurora Borealis Nearly Started World War III
- Fascinating Behind-the-Scenes Photos from a Lolita Fashion Show – Flavorwire
- Singular Cal Coolidge, that is. Amity Shlaes provides a long-overdue assessment of an underrated and misunderstood president.
- Figure at a Window by Dali (1925) and Young Virgin Autosodomized by her Own Chastity by Dali It had been hanging in the entryway to the dining room of the Great Hall in his Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles.
- Cannibals of the Past Had Plenty of Reasons to Eat People
March 17, 2013
"Our business is to be men,"
our business work. We did not make a beautiful stay in fitting and waiting in lines.
We do not stand at the stove with a spatula, we are not talking this jacket. We do not go to the shops for fun - we do not like to walk. We like to work. Work - this is our style. We're doing big things big funds. No, we did not declare war on you, we just say enough. Enough to stop us be men! We have our own shopping. We do not buy and acquire. We are not looking, and choose. And we do not sell - because this man is priceless. -- The Borderline Sociopathic Blog For Boys: Enough To Stop Us Be Men!
Worst Foodie Article in the Known Universe
PEEP THIS: 18 Ways to Drink Eat Marshmallow Peeps on Easter | Foodbeast
Short Stack Sunday
- The Plan to Bring the Iconic Passenger Pigeon Back From Extinction
- Scientists Resurrect Bonkers Extinct Frog That Gives Birth Through Its Mouth
- 15 Generations of a Single Family Have Slept In This Bed - Neatorama
- A Solid-Gold Miniature Replica Of Apollo 11, Because Why Not?
- Penis Snatching on the Rise -- Africa’s Genital-Stealing Crime Wave Hits the Countryside
- What would it take to secure the U.S.-Mexico border? It would cost more than $22.4 billion to build a fence along the entire 1,969-mile border.
- How Many People Does it Take to Impregnate an Elephant?
- Found: The Violin That Was Played As The Titanic Sunk
“Uncle Sam Day”
At precisely one second after midnight, on March 1, Woonsocket would experience its monthly financial windfall
— nearly $2 million from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as food stamps. Federal money would be electronically transferred to the broke residents of a nearly bankrupt town. The Washington Postht: Small Dead Animals
March 16, 2013
Darwin Award in 3... 2... 1...
Via Love Truth & Beauty
More Mush from the Wimp
Being Joe Biden | The White House "In this audio series Vice President Biden will tell the story behind a photo –
of where he was, why it matters to him, and how the experience fits into the broader narrative of this Administration. From meetings at the White House to travels around the country, the Vice President will share his perspective in candid, behind-the-scenes snapshots. In other words, he’ll explain what it’s like Being Biden.”
The Man of System
They hold in contempt the divine maxim of Plato, and consider the state as made for themselves, not themselves for the state.
The great object of their reformation, therefore, is to remove those obstructions; to reduce the authority of the nobility; to take away the privileges of cities and provinces, and to render both the greatest individuals and the greatest orders of the state, as incapable of opposing their commands, as the weakest and most insignificant. -- Adam Smith Theory of Moral Sentiments @ Belmont Club
The funniest line in Taken 2 was Neeson’s advice to his daughter in an emergency: “Go to the U.S. embassy. You’ll be safe there.” It opened a couple of weeks after Benghazi. -- The Axis of Torpor - Mark Steyn
Suppose Pakistan, Iran, North Korea, and the Middle East were not separable problems,
but working in concert, diplomatically supported by China and Russia to wear down the United States? Then it would be a global problem requiring -- gasp -- a global strategy. -- Belmont Club » The Problem With Drones
Bill Maher thinks those who tax him give a damn about him. How quaint.
Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me' Commentor: "Hey you spitwad Maher, shut up and pay for what you advocate all the time or do the world a favor and put a bullet in your braindead head you leftist maggot."
Who Really Invented the Smiley Face?
Created 50 years ago in Worcester, Massachusetts by the late Harvey Ross Ball, an American graphic artist and ad man.
Ball came up with the image in 1963 when he was commissioned to create a graphic to raise morale among the employees of an insurance company after a series of difficult mergers and acquisitions. Ball finished the design in less than 10 minutes and was paid $45 for his work. -- Design Decoded
Saturday's Stack's Under Drone Attack
- 10 things you didn't know about the president's secret army 4. The aircraft used in the Bin Laden raid were from Area 51.
- List of fictional ducks
- This cheese stands alone: Wisconsin Gouda wins U.S. Champion Cheese Contest Marieke Penterman, of Holland's Family Cheese in Thorp, triumphed after her Marieke Mature Gouda scored 98.31 out of a possible 100 points, edging out a Tarentaise semi-hard alpine cheese from Vermont and a Medium Cheddar from Illinois.
- Fictional Currency & Imaginary Money
- Theo Spark: The Beat Generation Then and Now
- How free do people want to be? Partially free or completely free?
- 15 Tech Predictions for Smartphones in 2013 "In October 2012, Strategy Analytics reported that 1 billion smartphone devices were in use around the world and anticipated that number to double by the end of 2015. "
- Derbyshire, Plus ca Change Reflecting fifty years later, I marvel at how little change I have seen across large regions of human life.
- Spatula City – Silicone Spoon Spatula
March 15, 2013
Shadow of the Gun
The gun-free society has little interest in individuals.
Its technocratic philosopher-kings want big and comprehensive solutions. Their answer to gun violence is to feed a horror of guns. Their answer to obesity is to ban sodas. Their solutions invariably miss the point by treating people like objects and objects like people. In the Middle Ages, rats were put on trial for eating crops. Today we put guns on trial for killing people. -- Sultan Knish
Karma & Dead Batteries
Founder Of Federally-Subsidized Electric Car Fisker Calls It Quits | Zero Hedge Not even $529 million (or perhaps due to) in government subsidies can lead to a Hollywood ending and everlasing prosperity.
Jeffrey T. Larson was born in 1962 in Two Harbors, Minnesota and grew up in the Twin Cities. Jeffrey has been trained in the manner of the Old Masters at the prestigious Atelier Lack, a studio /school whose traditions and training methods reach back through impressionism and the 19th centuries French academies. -- Jeffrey T. Larson - Fine Artist
Dr. Seuss’ secret closet.
In Dr. Seuss’ home, a bookcase opens up with a false door, and behind it are literally hundreds of hats
that he collected and all of these paintings from throughout his life that he never showed to anybody. They were stored together inside this closet, and there’s a really nice relationship between the hats and the paintings because the hats, in many cases, inspired the characters in the painting. They all lived together behind this secret door. -- Collectors Weekly
Here's why American medical care is so expensive
A woman in Arizona was stung by a scorpion... she received two doses of the drug Anascorp through an IV, and she was discharged from the hospital in about three hours.
Weeks later, she received a bill for $83,046 from Chandler Regional Medical Center. The hospital, owned by Dignity Health, charged her $39,652 per dose of Anascorp. -- TYWKIWDBI
From the Adjule to the Ziphius
Friday's Stack Never Looks Back
- “Detroit is a microcosm of what’s going on in America, except America can still print money and borrow.” -- Michelle Obama's Mirror
- Why Do Women Tend to Talk More Than Men? Because they just won't listen.
- Because we are confronted by speculation at every turn, in print, on video, on the net, in conversation, we may eventually conclude that it must have value. But it doesn't.
- The black illegitimacy rate now approaches 75%; the white rate is higher than the black rate was in the 1960s.
- Nothing to smell here. Move along. Dead pigs in Shanghai water supply don't ring alarm bells for Chinese officials
- Orville Wright and the First Person to Die in an Airplane - Neatorama
- Science. It's what's for religion: Babies have a mean streak, want their enemies harmed: study
- Global Internet Porn Habits Infographic
- Time to learn something new! Manure and dead animal management workshop
March 14, 2013
"In actual reality, we are trying to answer the question: how should America be governed? "
We are therefore reasoning from the perspective of the State. Since sovereignty is conserved, the State is always and everywhere absolute and omnipotent.
Therefore, the hedonic satisfaction of its citizens, who are in fact its slaves, is not and cannot be a goal. It may be a means to an end, of course. As when we administer heroin through the barracks water supply to reward Camp #127 for exceeding its uranium production targets three months in a row. -- Unqualified Reservations: Sam Altman is not a blithering idiot
When C is converted to K global warming goes away!
-- Theo Spark:
I've got my sword and buckler, you sons of unmarried whores.
Maybe I don't represent America. Maybe I don't have any rights worth defending. Maybe everything out of my mouth is racist. But you're going to have to take it from me. Does that make me part of the asshole white society? Nah. It's just me. Cowboy poet. - - Cobb
Michael Caine is 80. Don't Blink.
“The best part about getting older is you know everything. And the worst part is dealing with people who don’t know anything.”
Sad Little GOP
What's sad is so many on the right think the GOP has the slimmest future. It might survive as a party, but its going nowhere.
In my opinion, the Republicans in congress should wipe their hands and say "OK whatever you want. We'll abstain but you can pass anything you choose. We'll have no part of it, we won't support you, and we won't agree, but we won't block you. Knock yourself out, its all on you." Because it doesn't matter at this point, there's no going back. May as well get it over with sooner than later. 9 -- Comment by Christopher Taylor
Shoes of the Fisherman
Many variations at the link: Mrs. Easton. The Pope's Loafers "Did you ever wonder what the pope wears on those little hiking trips around the Palatine Hills? Well, look no further. "
Jenna Marbles: What A Girl's Makeup Means
Oh so very NSFW:
"The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit your ass down, open up wide for a big slice of truth...with a side of wisdom."
Tower of Babble On
On the chair: the original 2,700 page Obamacare legislation. Stacked against the wall: every page of Obamacare regulations published through last week. This stack is 7 feet 3 inches high. -- Tower of Babel | Fausta's Blog
MSNBC: Non-Person Ed Schultz Purged
After a secret show trial at the Kremlin the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Peacock Nyetwork
has decided to declare comrade Ed Schultz a non-person for purposes of weekday exposure and has ordered him exiled to a Siberian gulag known only as “the weekends.” - - Blur Brain
Soul Not On Ice: Hugo Chavez's body may have decayed too much for eternal display
Mr. Chavez died at the age of 58 last week from a heart attack
suffered during cancer recovery, various media reported. His body was placed in a glass coffin and on display at Caracas. The plan was to keep him on permanent display — “for eternity.” -- Washington TimesHumm. Here's a concept for those that need to hide a death for a month or so until they can get a new boss in place: refrigeration.
The problem with Solution B is that we've already tried it, quite extensively.
You see Solution B every time you go to the grocery store. Next to the button marked "Debit/Credit" is one marked "EBT."
Ever pressed that one? Even just by mistake? It's the Solution B button. America has entire cities that have moved beyond anti-hedonic labor disutility and entered the gleaming future of Solution B. One of them is called "Detroit." -- Unqualified Reservations: Sam Altman is not a blithering idiot
Thursday's Link Stack, Jack
- What Makes Dogs Dogs
- Got Thumos? Essential to andreia — manliness.
- PORN STARS WITHOUT MAKE-UP.
- Paul Ehrlich’s False Gospel The problem with an open-ended prediction, or rather prophecy, is that it can never be proved wrong.
- Air Freshener Made From Cow Dung
- Pundit & Pundette: Government schools and the culture of cowering
- Leftist Intellectuals Have Unhealthy Obsession With Race - Thomas Sowell
- On Spending And ObamaCare, Truth Is A Republican's Best Friend
- The Photographer Who Made Architects Famous
March 13, 2013
Jeffrey Larson, White Sheet
20 Reasons Why The New Pope Cannot Be Acceptable to Americans
1. No billions spent on negative advertising for months on end
2. No special interest groups claiming voter fraud
3. No bogus debates full of stupid questions.
The classic 20C phenomena of totalitarianism
appears not in absolute governments that are secure and invulnerable,
but in extremely weak ones that in consequence have to take extraordinary measures to repress their enemies. This (among other things) is the difference between Louis XIV and Stalin. UnitedStatesGovernment's great virtue is that its monopoly of power is far more secure than Louis XIV's, so it doesn't have to give a damn what I post on my stupid blog. -- Unqualified Reservations: Sam Altman is not a blithering idiot
It's All Happening at the Zoo
Technology & Tradition: If you like watching difficult things getting made, the video here will make your week
I have met a fair number of sign painters over the years, back when I worked at building and renovating restaurants and so forth. Many struck me as quite talented. Many struck me, period, after a few pints. But they were all primordial ooze compared to this guy.
Take this hockey stick and shove it!
Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Go Back in the Water
HEAVILY ARMED SEX CRAZED DOLPHINS on RAMPAGE in Black Sea Naval cetaceans with guns on heads 'seeking females'
"I need ya, LILEKS (James). This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your screedish magic. "
Not "encourage." Not "exalt." Not "inspire by example." MAKE.
It's always MAKE with these people. If you can't make people do things, how are you going to get anything done? That Volga Canal isn't going to dig itself, you know. (Sorry. Reducto ad Stalin.) -- LILEKS (James) The Bleat
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...."
On this day. 1868: The Senate impeachment trial of President Andrew Johnson began.
Wednesday's Stack by Burt Bacharach
- Gorgeous, Little-Seen Photographs Of A Young Martha Stewart As A Fashion Model
- Russian court postpones dead man's trial as defense, like defendant, fails to show
- How To Build A 2,073-Foot Skyscraper
- Epic Fart Battles Of History
- Cold Fury: It's almost over The GOP is very nearly done. Good riddance to them.
- If you're a burglar a full face skull tattoo is probably not a good idea
- Put an End to Spoiled, Wasted Food with This Handy Chart
- What we don't know about obesity could fill a book -- and has
- Enlightenment: It's What's For Dinner The Twinkie defense is just tenable enough to be offered up as an accountability waiver.
March 12, 2013
Drone Debate Made Simple
Portable Computing: The Early Years
SHARE the things you HATE with the people you LOVE.
Now there’s an app that allows you to share the things you Hate.
Hate on celebrities, politicians, bad service, too much traffic, classmates, or annoying Facebook “friends.” In the land of social media, you can only “Like”. Who says your only option is to like? Who really “likes” your ex’s new significant other, friends who are always on vacation, and especially what they are eating? No thanks, now you can Hate on it. -- Hater App on the iTunes App Store
Wait for It
Via --- Neatorama
Danger Close When the Obamas and Clintons Mingle
"Like rods of uranium, you can't let all four of those assholes near each other at the same time or they'll reach "Critical Ass",
and the heat created by the spontaneous combustion from that much bullshit could melt a hole down to the water table resulting in a huge explosion that could destroy metropolitan D.C. and contaminate the entire area with toxic bullshit fumes for the next ten thousand years. This begs the question, 'How can we get the four of them together at the same time?' " Comment on Michelle Obama's Mirror: Missing MO Than I Expected
That Sinking Feeling
Bread Cheese Bacon Double Cheeseburger
Do you want to live a quiet, sedentary life or one of daring culinary adventures? -- - Neatorama
Scarfolk Council: "Spontaneous! Human Combustion" Annual 1970
Everywhere a War
What better way to seed acrimony and to ensure constant bickering than unleashing a series of domestic wars?
The camouflaged assault-weapon killers who hide behind the 2nd Amendment are at war with millions of innocent children. Even female celebrities and lawyers are under attack by misogynists and chauvinists, who won't pay for their birth control. Latinos are targeted by nativists. The latter even hunt them down at ice-cream parlors. Blacks are back to near slavery as racist conservatives want to put them back in chains. Greens battle nobly against the polluters, gays against the homophobes. Muslims are demonized as terrorists by racists and bigots. The point would be to introduce so many divisive fault lines that no one can much agree on anything. Works and Days ｻ How to Weaken an Economy
Tuesday's Stack is Turning Black
- Cadillac Bicycle - Neatorama
- Spengler | The Republican Foreign Policy Meltdown
- Why You Hate Exercise (and What You Can Do About It)
- The Baddest Girl Gangs in Film
- my favorite buttermilk biscuits | smitten kitchen
- How I Lost More Than 150 Pounds
- Joan Didion, “On Self-Respect”
- Trauma Shears They’ll cut sheet metal, wire, cable, plastic, cardboard, staples, rubber, foam, branches, and small bolts, to name a few. They’re the scissors I reach for when I don’t want to ruin my good scissors.
- Bjorn Lomborg: Green Cars Have a Dirty Little Secret
- Imagine This Thing Sucking Your Brains Out Apocalypse, Cool, Fish, Float, Flying, Gas, Jello, Neat, Robots, Scary, Uh-Oh, Underwater, Video, Water, We''Re All Gonna Die!
March 11, 2013
The Gumps: "My momma always said, 'Stupid is as stupid does.' "
Tell Obama that we're losing the war because we're not killing the enemy and he'll hand you a pen and excuse himself,
but tell him that the war is being lost because we need to get more Muslims into space and he'll hand you a Czarship. We are becoming a subtle and stupid society, obsessed with nuance and a mystical search for the hidden social engines of life. -- Sultan Knish: A Cup of Soda in Hell
"No society can survive this level of stupidity."
Mark Steyn: US 'doomed' in wake of Pop Tart gun suspension “Do you think if you raised people
so that you have to make a school counselor available to them in case they’ve been traumatized by someone who was nibbled a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun — do you think if they’re ever called upon to get out those ships and the storm the beaches of Normandy, do you think they’re going to be up to that? ‘Oh no look, the Germans, they’re all holding Pop Tarts! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!’ No society can survive this level of stupidity. These small things are not small. "
"When it comes to the Federal government killing Americans...."
Every Federal agency has its own SWAT Team which is why every Federal agency is also buying up huge amounts of ammunition.
That means that you are far more likely to be shot by a SWAT team from the Department of Education's Office of the Inspector General than by a drone operator from the 3d Special Operations Squadron in New Mexico. Sultan Knish: The Dreaded Drone
Naming Names @ Cold Fury
"McCain and Grahamnesty, the Kneel and Suck wing of the Republican Party." -- Cold Fury
File Under: You. Drooling. Nitwit.
Give a big WOOF! for Menswear Dog
The Panic Button
If a jittery culture seems bent on keeping us on edge, always nervous about what we’ve missed, what hidden threats lurk where, what life we are failing to attain and why, then why not represent that in a handy button we look at many times a day, one that practically begs to be pressed?
In Search Of Our Inner Salamander
Electric Shock: How Electricity Could Be The Key To Human Regeneration.
What if it were possible to discover how to rebuild much more of the human body at any point in its lifecycle? Or rather -- what if someone out there right now thinks he can make that happen, and soon? --- Download The Universe
Monday, Monday. Can't Stack That Day.
Little Sticky Legs: " I've got to meet numerous types of beings." When I was in my thirties I found out from my father the truth about a government experiment that I was part of in which they were using other alien DNA to create me.
- Sippican Cottage: It Does, Indeed, Sound Pretty Snazzy My nine-year-old is unusual. He does get up to things. He has a force field when he needs one.
- Remembering Hugo You will be missed, Hugo Chavez. The world has lost a man who was larger than life, and we don’t only mean your Body Mass Index.
- Tatyana Kozhevnikova has the strongest VAGINA in the world
- Nearly naked Siberian woman jogger fined $6.50 for running down snow-covered street in her bikini. That should put a stop to it!
- What lurks within the minds of criminals - The Week He darkened as he talked about the killings. There was no joy there, no boasting. It was horrible in the telling.
- How To Sound Angry On The Internet
- Hot Tub Boats Hot tub boats. You read that right.
March 10, 2013
"A vision of a certain stream that obsesses him."
It is clear and wide with a pebbly bottom and the water is the color of champagne.
It makes a bend and narrows a bit and the water rushes like a millrace. Sticking up in the middle of the stream is a big boulder and the water makes a swirl at its base. -- Are You All Set for the Trout? by Ernest Hemingway
Eerily Blank Sun
Something unexpected is happening on the Sun. 2013 was supposed to be the year of "solar maximum," the peak of the 11-year sunspot cycle. Yet 2013 has arrived and solar activity is relatively low. Sunspot numbers are well below their values from 2011, and strong solar flares have been infrequent. Wired Space Photo of the Day
Yes they do and yes many of us are
They Think We're Stupid: Another Phony Gun Buy Back - Blur Brain Thirdly, you notice how lately every one of these so-called buybacks manages to net at least one “rocket launcher?”
“Generations are rolling over in poverty, and they’re dying,”
"They're shooting each other. They're stabbing each other. They're killing each other.
You won't say a word. The politicians won't say a word. The so-called leaders won't say a f***ing word. And when I say a f***ing word, I'm called a racist so you can silence me. Good have it your way -- nobody say a f***ing word and then we'll watch all the black and brown people just go off into poverty and we'll hear all the stories about the 14-year-olds on the streets of Chicago being shot by other 14-year-olds. Is that your plan? You f***ing coward p***ies." Adam Carolla » "You Guys All Have Blood On Your Hands"[AUDIO HERE] Adam Carolla rips the Huffington Post, media
Sunday's Patented Relax-A-Stack © ® ℠
- ‘You Have to Have Some Hate’ Red Eye host Greg Gutfeld on The Joy of Hate
- Witches Lose the Warts: Witches Have a Fashion Moment
- Sippican Cottage: Greenville 1969 Rich people skiied and we went sledding. They played tennis and we played hockey on the corduroy ice on a pond. They drove Citroens while we sat four across in the back seat of a Dodge Dart watching the road pass by through the rust holes in the floor.
- Cartoons and me She doesn't get it.
- Cheers! Workers' reward is 'Beer Cart Fridays'
- Swept Away - Neatorama
- Google Street Scene Moments from cinema captured by Google Street View cameras.
- Nanoparticles loaded with bee venom kill HIV
March 9, 2013
Rand Paul's Filibuster: Its Historical Context, and Its Encouraging Friends.
It also has some enemies, as John McCain and Lindsey Graham are bitching about it.
Hard to see why. It forced a concession from Obama, galvanized supporters, made the Senate GOP look dynamic, and ultimately cost nothing except a bit of foot-and-bladder discomfort for Paul. One suspects that McCain and Graham are mostly jealous of the attention. -- Instapundit
"In my estimation, this is the most heavily-armed the American people have ever been."
There are no AR-15s, no AK-pattern rifles, no M1As, no FALs, nor anything else that might reasonably impersonate a semi-automatic rifle. For that matter, there are no Garands worth their price, nor Enfields, nor Mosins. Likewise, the glass handgun cases have largely been empties of service pistols. -- 25 deep ｫ Bob Owens
This Just In
10:20 p.m. An employee of an Evergreen store reported that an intoxicated man wearing sunglasses was bleeding from his hand and feeling lightheaded. His female companion, also intoxicated, was in the store riding around in a cart. She could be easily recognized by her Kermit the Frog hat. -- Road Hazard | Flathead Beacon
Notable Advances in Fabric Technology
Burlesque performer Dita Von Teese modeled the very first fully articulated 3D-printed dress
at an unveiling party earlier this week at Ace Hotel New York. The spectacular garment is made of 17 individually printed pieces with 3,000 articulated joints. To further glamorize the piece, the designers adorned the netted pattern with 12,000 black Swarovski crystals. -- - - My Modern Metropolis
The Bachelor, Reviewed by a Guy. Sorta. (Episode 9)
She then says some iteration of the word “love” five times in under 10 seconds,
and I begin to wonder what it’s like when she tries a food she likes or hears a song that she enjoys. -- Rocket Shoes
Saturday's Stack Is Under Attack
- Jon Crispin: Suitcases from the Willard Asylum for the Insane .
- Sharks. Sharks. Sharks. During the week, Alexander Safonov is an IT professional, but on weekends, the Russian born Safanov ditches the suit for a wetsuit and an always inspiring, yet sometimes terrifying group of friends.
- Mars Populated by One Vast Thinking Vegetable - Neatorama
- There Used To Be Freaking Camels In The Arctic | Popular Science
- Please Do Not Chillax: Adjoinages and the death of the American pun.
- Parsifal in 150 words.
- One Cʘsmos: Why Obama is Less than Worthless Since our culture has largely -- and proudly -- severed itself from its own wisdom tradition, the Deepaks of the world rush in to fill the void.
- Researchers find molecular switch to make old brains young again
March 8, 2013
It could be argued the evening of Feb. 22 held promise for a Port St. Lucie man.
The 23-year-old man told Fort Pierce police he had about $900 in his wallet. He'd checked into amotel in the 3200 block of South U.S. 1 with a couple of ladies. Alcoholic beverages were involved. The man said that after the "events of the evening," he and the two women fell asleep, according to a recently released Fort Pierce police report.The next morning when he awoke, the situation appeared less than optimal. -- Off the Beat with Will Greenlee
The catastrophe hasn't happened. It hasn't happened yet. He can make it happen.
He can let them happen one after another, like little spring shoots of doom. And it probably won't look planned and coordinated, it will look spontaneous and inevitable. And you have to assume that's the plan, because that's kind of how he rolls. The Anti-Confidence Man - WSJ.com
California’s public education curriculum is medieval.
There are certain religious tenets that are sacrosanct and indoctrinate the young.
A grasping white male Christian culture gave us a burdensome legacy of racism, sexism, homophobia, and nativism. Courageous Latino, black, gay, and female heroes fought on the barricades to ensure us the present utopia. We name new schools after 19th Century Mexican bandits who were hung for murder, not any longer after Father Serra or Luther Burbank. -- Works and Days ｻ Beautifully Medieval California
$600,000 for “the promotion of physical activity in churchgoing Latinas.”
Despite Sequestration Silly Research Grants Continue Here are a few examples just from San Diego:
A $10,000 matching federal grant for interpretive dance called “Trolley Dances.” $5.9 million to study “novel paradigms of diabetic complications.” $2.5 million to study Alzheimer’s disease. $600,000 for “the promotion of physical activity in churchgoing Latinas.” $550,000 for UCSD research into “safer sex intervention for male clients of female sex workers in Tijuana.”
There's the right way, the wrong way, the really wrong way, and the Army way.
When Bob Woodward calls out the White House
on a point of fact and then on the treatment of journalists, you load up the contempt cannons and let him have it.
You mock him for being an egotist, for making the story all about him, for being a sissy and a coward and a bad journalist. None of these things are significant in detail. They are conveniences and the mockers are far more guilty of them than the mockee. You really mock him for the same reason that you mock Republicans. You mock him because he has become an obstacle in the forward march of progress and in the post-journalistic era, snark is the easiest and cheapest weapon in your social arsenal. The one that denotes superiority through contempt, rather than truth. -- Sultan Knish: The Closing of the Liberal Mind
Original Low Info Voter Apprehended
"The foil wrapped around his head secured by a baseball cap was there to prevent microwave signals from entering his head." -- WWL - AM870
The more likely you are to have voted for Obama, the more likely you are to still be unemployed:
"You have to go insane first, and then get people to go along with your delusion."
Dimitrios has to say: I am a woodcarver, and say it before he is a woodcarver, or he'll never become one.
The deranged chicken must lay the crazy egg, and vice versa. There's a guy on your bus that wears a prom dress and thinks he's Marie of Romania. He has made the same kind of decision. Then again, it's entirely possible that a guy on a downtown bus in a prom dress will make more money by holding court, and an empty Dunkin' Donuts cup, than Dimitrios makes carving. -- Sippican Cottage: If You Build It, They Will Come. Or They Won't
Lima Beans in Jello: The Why
I haven’t really heard a lot of food historians talk about this,
but I’ve found that food mixed into Jell-O stays fresher much longer than if you have it by itself. Like days. For example, Perfection Salad is basically coleslaw inside of lemon or lime Jell-O, so it’s got cabbage and carrots and all kinds of stuff. But the cabbage will stay fresh for over a week. If you take a bite of it, it’s still crunchy. -- TYWKIWDBI ("Tai-Wiki-Widbee")
“Never end a story with, ‘It was all a dream!’”
Literature is full of dreams that we remember more clearly than our own.
Jacob’s ladder of angels. Joseph saving Egypt and himself by interpreting the Pharoah’s vision of the seven fat and lean cows. The dreams in Shakespeare’s plays range as widely as our own, and the evil are often punished in their sleep before they pay for their crimes in life. -- Chasing the White Rabbit by Francine Prose
[Bumped] American Kids to McCain: "Put your teeth back in the glass and shut up."
"Paul needs to do more than pull political stunts that fire up impressionable libertarian kids in their college dorms.” said Mr. McCain - - Washington Times
Friday's Stack Plaque
- Apple’s ‘iWatch’ Rumored To Launch This Year
- 7 bogus grammar 'errors' you don't need to worry about.
- Amazing long-exposure photographs of ballet dancers
- How to End a Conversation
- In The Jungle, The Mighty Jungle, The Lion Eats Your Wife | The Rumford Meteor
- One Cʘsmos: No Judgment, No Thinking, No Justice, No Equilibrium, No Peace, No Slack
- Small man-child doesn't get his way; pouts, threatens, whines, waves chubby little fists in the air Punk-ass bitch.
- Why so many Russians still love Stalin
- A Drone Flew Within 200 Feet Of A Commercial Jet. How Legal Was It? An airline pilot spotted an unmanned flying object dangerously close to his plane in Brooklyn yesterday. What can we learn from this?
- The Search for the Loneliest Whale in the World
- Your Ultimate Guide to Wrenches
March 7, 2013
You had just one job
- - Maggie's Farm
| Home | title separators | are | the | coolest Wanna know how many "likes" this page has?
The exact same god damned number of people as work here, plus maybe our god damned spouses and children if they think it'll help retain their benefits.
"Like a circle that ever returned in to the self-same spot..." -- Poe
IgorR said... "Arguing with today's liberals leaves one feeling both frustrated and dirty:
it's like trying to explain to self-confident, misogynous rapists that rape is wrong or to psychopathic serial killers that murder is wrong. Their arguments are always illogical and occur within the context of some artificial reality where black is white and white is black. I keep asking myself why they persist in being so disconnected from readily observable facts, but there is not use. Michael Savage was right: liberalism is a mental disorder, and growing up hearing nothing but this insanity makes them not only unable but unwilling to question themselves. We are "lucky" enough to have the worst of their kind leading our country. Leading it straight towards destruction." -- Comment on The Closing of the Liberal Mind
1992: Do you remember the “Year of the Woman,”
in which Clinton (of all people) ran as the nemesis of bosses who make passes at the women who work for them?
No? Well, since nobody else seems to remember the recent past, it’s worth mentioning how these manias seem to start up in conjunction with Democratic presidential campaigns, then sputter on for years. -- KKK is the New UFO - Taki's Magazine
Useful Word in Slightly Uncivil Discourse: "Prunt"
A prunt is a small blob of glass fused to another piece of glass. Prunts are applied primarily as decoration, but also help provide a firm grip in the absence of a handle. --Prunt - Wikipedia
Roy Brown Jr., Edsel Designer, Dies at 96: "Ford tried to build a 1977 Ford in 1957."
neo-neocon Roy Brown Jr. must have known: I remember when the Edsel came out, although I was extremely young, and I've never been into cars and didn't understand a bit about the furor and the controversy. But in retrospect it looks kind of snazzy (that's the also-snazzy Roy Brown Jr., at 81, standing in front of his creation).
Confusing Question of the Day - Obama Pardons The Sequeste
"Finally, some honesty. Glad we could clear that up." [HT Morgan]
Your Tip? How about .0683%
Stack Thursdays Towards the Back, Jack
- Spencer Charles’ Map Of The Known Universe
- Lamborghini unveils $4 million car
- A Master List of 700 Free Courses From Great Universities
- Bizarre Dog-Spinning Ritual Believed to Ward off Rabies
- Namibia: Pohamba Wants King Mandume's Head Returned
- My Otherkin Headmate is a Two-Spirited Starseed! : These “social justice activists” are simply narcissistic, delusional, sex-obsessed fruitcakes.
- Will Science Let Pregnant Women Do ANYTHING?
- You can take a man out of an auto plant, but you can’t take the auto plant out of a man.
- Could Stalin Have Been Stopped?
- Did Diane Sawyer smear pink slime? BPI hired a high-powered Chicago trial lawyer and in September slapped the network, star anchor Diane Sawyer and other defendants with a 27-count lawsuit that seeks at least $1.2 billion in damages.
March 6, 2013
This Just In
This Just In 2
Joe Kennedy Says Hugo Chavez Is Willing To Help Poor People From Massachusetts Heat Their Homes With Brimstone Next Year The Rumford Meteor
Who needs hand sanitizer when you can have a medieval torture device for bacteria?
For strange as it may seem,
NHS head Sir David Nicholson, of whom nobody may have previously heard, ran the fifth largest organization in the world.
The NHS is far bigger than the British Army, larger than the Indian Railways and the Chinese state-owned energy network. Sir David Nicholson's fiefdom is actually exceeded only by McDonald's, Walmart, the US Armed Forces, the Chinese Army and the Chinese railway and may have inflicted more deaths than all of these organizations combined. -- Belmont Club ｻ The Hospital of Death
Former Head of IDF Military Intelligence, Amos Yadlin, on Iran
"This is not a war, this is a one-night operation, and we should speak about it. We should be much closer on how to prevent Iran from being nuclear." --- Israel National News
Sequester Cuts Force Obama to Kick Mother-in-Law Out of White House
REPORTER: Mr. President, why was it necessary to make your mother-in-law move out of the White House?
PRESIDENT OBAMA: Because the funds necessary to heat her room, provide her meals and pay her cable bill dried up a few hours after the sequestration kicked in. It's the last thing I wanted to do but the Republicans left me with little choice.
REPORTER: Are you sending her back to Chicago?
PRESIDENT OBAMA: We were able to pull a few strings and get her into a government housing facility that's relatively close to the White House.
Via Daily Rash
As a scientist, you formulate a conclusion that will lead to a healthier society,
and then you build a hypothesis around it, and then you declare it to be science.
Your science, like your journalism, consists of the progressive narrative that proves whatever you want it to prove, whether it's that capitalism will melt the icebergs, homosexuality is genetically fixed or oil is about to run out. Scientific objectivity has no more meaning to you than it did to the Caliph who torched the Library of Alexandria. If science is worth anything, then it's progressive. And if it doesn't, then it's worthless. -- Sultan Knish: The Closing of the Liberal Mind
"You are a liberal in 2013"
You live in a bubble and you see no need for an open society or for maintaining the integrity of institutions
such as journalism or the scientific community. The very idea of objectivity is at odds with your entire way of thinking because it presumes that there is some higher truth than the one propounded by the progressive reality-based community. And you know, with the casual faith of any born believer, that this is not possible. -- Sultan Knish: The Closing of the Liberal Mind
Dream of Dictators and Democrats Alike
"What Is Socialism?"
"A state whose neighbors curse geography"; "a state that produces superb jet planes and lousy shoes"; "a state whose philosophers and writers always say the same things as the generals and ministers, but always after the latter have said them." -- Leszek Kolakowski's Is God Happy?
Wednesday's Knick-Knack Paddy Stack
- Rare portrait of aged Queen Elizabeth I authenticated
- 4 Ways You Can Tell the Economy Still Sucks
- Lech Walesa’s Polish Sausage Fest The burly and walrus-faced former union organizer and president of Poland, inflamed the world of flaming homosexuals and their enablers with comments he made Friday evening on a Polish television station. -- - Taki's Magazine
- Are Portuguese Hispanic?
- The Inside Story of How the White House Let Diplomacy Fail in Afghanistan
- The Confessions of Robert Crumb: A Portrait Scripted by the Underground Comics Legend Himself (1987)
- How the Democrats Destroyed Detroit
- Four-Foot Beavers Invade Town, Damage City Property and Trees
- What Causes So Many Drone Crashes? The answer is a lot simpler than you'd think.
- It's out of this world! Bob Hope's space age Palm Springs home goes on the market for $50m
March 5, 2013
"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE"
There's Salt Water On The Surface Of Europa, Which Could Be Good News For Extraterrestrial Life: Scientists are pretty confident Europa is home to a vast subterranean ocean,
but could it have any water on its surface? According to a new study, maybe yes. That’s big news for anyone hoping to send a robotic explorer to the icy moon. And it could be big news for anyone interested in the possibility of life on that Jovian satellite.
Breaking! Chavez Video Confirmation!
Who says there's no good news?
More sequester pain: White House cancels tours of the president’s home because of the sequester spending cuts." I guess the idea of not flying the plane around for a couple of days just didn't occur to them.
This ancient ritual of pagan origin is performed in order to prevent rabies and is a part of the traditional Kukeri rituals.
Of course it is. Isn't it always?
What If There Is a God and It's Not Barack Obama?
Theoreticians believed if the deficit could not reach sanity escape velocity, huge numbers of sequester particles would be released,
which would generate financial black holes and quickly envelop all observable too-big-to-fail banks, eventually compressing the entire world economy into a space smaller than Joe Biden's brain. However, instead of causing fiscal black holes or any other observable damage, the created sequester particles quickly vanished without a trace - just like a California state budget surplus crapon, a hypothetical particle which has never been observed in nature. - -- People's Cube
Arab Spring +2: It's Probably Nothing
A plague of locusts swarms Egypt: A plague of Biblical proportions descended on Egypt this week, with roughly 30 million locusts blanketing the skies near Giza and Cairo.
Why does anybody need an AR-15?
"I can't have anything unless I can prove I need it? Since when? ....
Even if nobody needs an AR-15, the simple fact that they want one is sufficient. That's not grounds to ban sales of AR-15's. And the same goes for high capacity pistol magazines and all the other stuff the gun-grabbers are trying to ban. None of us are required to prove a need in order to buy things; we never have been and we damned well shouldn't be now." -- Stephen Den Beste
Nobody Eats There. It's Too Crowded
The set menu begins at $140 per person. Totoraku does everything it can to avoid attention.
The restaurant is not on Twitter, Facebook, or Open Table, and Oyama does not have a Web site or accept e-mail requests or walk-ins (a sunny but firm “So sorry! Fully booked tonight” is what you’ll get if you are not expected, even if nobody’s in the house). The only way to eat at Totoraku is to call the handwritten cell number on Oyama’s flimsy business card. But the only way to get Oyama’s card is to eat at Totoraku. -- The Zen Master of Beef
Tuesday's Stack Takes a Whack Up the Side of the Head
- A Low-Information Voter's Guide to Politics
- SOOPER GENIUS!: Brooklyn man fakes his own kidnapping, duct-taping himself, to explain two-week absence to girlfriend
- Abraham Lincoln Freed the Slaves, Barack Obama Freed Illegal Aliens!
- California Nursing Home Permits 87-Year-Old Woman To Die Rather Than Render Simple CPR, Because It's Their "Policy"
- Threat level: Obama Benghazi was strictly trouble on training wheels.
- World Doesn't End, Obama Hardest Hit : The sequester apocalypse evolves into a 'slow grind.'
- Bastards! Nearly $19,000 in Girl Scout cookies stolen from Spartanburg County warehouse
- Bunnies implicated in the demise of Neanderthals
- 65th high school reunion to be held at funeral home building | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News
- Chris Skaife, Master Raven Keeper at the Tower of London
March 4, 2013
The Long March of the Balless of All Three Sexes Continues In Obamaland
Not a teaspoon of testosterone between them.The likely next secretary of energy is a physics professor researching new energy at MIT, and the next chief of the Environmental Protection Agency has spent years developing regulations to combat greenhouse gas emissions. --Popular Science
"I wouldn't be the least goddamn bit surprised if The Stupid Party ran a "Christie/Bloomberg" ticket next time. "
Chris Christie is not just soft on the Second Amendment. He is downright hostile.
Anyone who shares this significant position with both Nanny Bloomberg and President Please Stay Healthy So That SlingBlade Biden Doesn't Have to Take the Oath of Office is no friend of conservatives. -- Ace of Spades HQ
The Death Penalty is an Option [Pour encourager les autres]
A credit to his profession: Jury Selection Begins Monday on “House of Horrors” Abortion Clinic Doc : Kermit Gosnell would deliver late-term, viable babies alive then murder them by thrusting scissors into the backs of their neck and “snipping” their spinal cords. [HT: Pundit & Pundette ]
US Military Begins Annual Exercise "Enduring Freedom"
The exercise is a 365-day event conducted annually since 2001 on Joint Base Afghanistan and involves over 100,000 military personnel from 50 countries as diverse as Albania and Texas, working with another 400,000 host nation forces. -- The Duffel Blog
Salon’s Joan Walsh: “I think if she [Hillary Clinton] runs again, she really can’t run as that front-runner. It cannot be that inevitability campaign that she ran in 2007, and she knows that. She’s got to be about the future.”Host Chris Matthews: “If you’re watching, Madam Secretary, all three of us have brilliant ideas. All of us have great ideas. And I especially put myself in that group with Joan and David [Corn]. We know how to do this, we’ll get you in there.” — MSNBC’s Hardball, February 25.
“Damn Near a Third” of the Budget
“Now you’ve got a budget of three and a half trillion dollars in this fiscal year. This will take $85 billion out of it. That’s damn near a third....You can’t take 30, you can’t take 30 percent of operational money out and expect to have the same product. You can’t do it! It’s impossible!” — Radio host and MSNBC anchor Ed Schultz on his February 25 radio show.
"Monday, Monday. Can't Stack That Day"
- Advanced Visual Effects Bring Audrey Hepburn Back On Screen
- Deep whimsy
- Question For Conservatives: Why Are Your Children Still In Public School?
- The Myth of Female Solidarity
- Obscene Government Waste
- Richard the Lionheart’s embalmed heart analysed
- The Worst American Restaurants in Europe
- Everything you need to know about China's cyber-warriors
- Grandma's Secret Ingredient that Made Her Pies So Good is Making a Comeback - Lard
March 3, 2013
Who Says There's No Good News?
Green Blog Bids NY Times Readers Goodbye - NYTimes.com Door. Ass. Bang.
I’m Emma. I’m an ordinary girl.
One is smooth. One is a bit wrinkly. Yet I love my labia. But some women don’t love theirs.... -- About Me @ The Large Labia Project
In these frightening places we paid ten for twins, flies queued outside at the screenless door and successfully scrambled in,
the ashes of our predecessors still lingered on the ashtrays, a woman's hair lay on the pillow, one heard one's neighbor hanging his coat in a closet, the hangers were ingeniously fixed to their bars by coils of wire so as to thwart theft, and, in crowning insult, the pictures above the twin beds were identical twins. Vladimir Nabokov: from Lolita, 1955 @ TOM CLARK: Caravansary
A horse of a different color.
Lard, Rye, Grit and what's really good for you
"Lard is making a comeback, partly because of the slow-food movement and partly because the lipid hypothesis - that saturated fats are dangerous - has been debunked." -|- Fat City
The future of Obamerica
is a country full of corrupt government officials and tycoons.
The future is an aristocracy of union bosses running their own guilds, corporate monopolies that change with each election and government officials with mansions and armed bodyguards. Income inequality will be huge with oceans of poverty and small islands of wealth locked away behind gated communities. -- Sultan Knish: The Road to Oligarchy
Sunday Slack Stack
- Scientists Put A Working Eyeball On A Tadpole's Tail
- Downton Abbey casts black character for next season, the first on the show. A casting call has been issued in search of the show’s first black character, Jack—“a real man (not a boy),”
- Sequestageddon - Mark Steyn: Government-by-fake-disaster-movie seems to be going swimmingly for Obama. Say what you like about those Mayan guys, but they only schedule an apocalypse once every 5,126 years. Only Washington would try to pull it off every six weeks.
- These are China's weirdest monuments
- Should Coke and Pepsi Be Worried About SodaStream? The problem for Coke and Pepsi isn’t that SodaStream cuts into sales. It’s that SodaStream demystifies soda.
- Low-tech Magazine: The Mechanical Transmission of Power: Endless Rope Drives
- "I got it," he told them. "Nike!" Employee Number One Later Employee No. 1 walked out the door with no regrets.
- 60% of America Covered in Snow, Global Warming to Blame
You had one job.
March 2, 2013
"The most modest breakfast is filled with miracles."
I can just open the fridge, take out a bag, get a fresh, delicious bagel, put it in a little shiny box and a minute later it comes out all toasty and brown. Then I can open the fridge again, get out perfectly fresh butter, apply it to the bagel, and enjoy it. -- Ben Stein's Diary
Creative MacBook decal of the day
Blame it on the voices
Put it back! For the love of God!
Maybe it would be easier to reinstate this critical $44 billion and cut the other $3.8 trillion, which is apparently responsible for nothing other than Harry Reid’s beloved federally funded cowboy-poetry festival and the cost of the dress uniforms for the military detachment accompanying the first lady at her Oscars appearance. -- Sequestageddon - Mark Steyn
Day One, A.S., in what was once the capital city of a mighty empire.
The Provisional Authority has set up Sequestervilles along the Mall,
a labyrinth of clapboard and cardboard and canvas that will swallow you up if you aren't careful. The smells. At night, the sounds. -- CRISIS IN AMERICA Day Two: The Suffering ｻ Cold Fury
How Euro-socialism Set off a Fascist Bomb
The only protest party people can vote for are barely disguised fascists: The Five Star party in Italy, Golden Dawn in Greece, Pirate Party in Germany, and fascist insurgents in Hungary. -- Dangerous Times:
Allure of the "cat fight": Sex, sex ... and maybe more
In your heart, you know it tastes like expensive iodine.
Bunglers flush away 18,000 litres of Scotch: Instead of draining the water and cleaning solution, they flushed out all the whisky. What’s even more shocking is no one noticed until 11am.”
The Madcow Disease of MSNBC
Everything he says is insincere including “uh” or “um.”
Pick an Obama speech on YouTube. ... Wait until the next time he says “uh” or “um” and then… this is key…
watch for what comes right after it, and seriously ask yourself: Okay, did he really need more time to choose just the perfect word? .... He’s using it as a gimmick..... And it’s easy to see what the gimmick is: We have in our midst a brilliant and deep thinker, approaching the level of godliness, sort of, wading into a subject of deep complexity, and moving about with skill and nimbleness, determined not to make even the slightest misstep. -- House of Eratosthenes
Saturday Down At the Stack Shack
- 21 Mind-Blowing True Backstories of Famous Images
- The Fate of Star Trek's Shuttle Galileo
- Visions of Barbie | The story of Barbie’s web presence is also the story of the web.
- What Day Most Changed History? "Maybe we are so saturated with their influences we have become like the lady who complained the Bible and Shakespeare were full of clichés."
- The Jell-O Box That Helped Convict the Rosenbergs
- FYI: Does Thinking Too Hard Wear You Out? If it does, it's all in your head.
- Chairman Mao: How the mango came to symbolize loyalty to his government
- Fastest Courtship in the West: How LBJ Won Lady Bird
- Titanium Escape Ring Unlike all other rings, this one contains a saw and handcuff shim pick combination tool which is completely hidden from view when worn.
- Making, and Eating, the 1950s’ Most Nauseating Jell-O Soaked Recipes | Collectors Weekly
March 1, 2013
The establishment genuinely thinks the music will keep playing.
And they won't believe it will stop until it actually does.
The current elite has abused, as very few elites have abused in the past the power of trust. They've taken legitimacy won by generations of competence and used it to paper over mediocrity and madness, The trust they had to squander was immense; and they squandered it. -- Belmont Club ｻ The Lost Boys
Under the Sea Salad
When Scherstuhl found Rush Limbaugh's grandma's recipe (above) for "Under the Sea Salad" in "Recipes From Old Cape Girardeau," he, naturally, had to make it. His friend gave it this review: "When you put it into your mouth, you think you're not going to gag. Then you bite into one of the olives, and it's all over." -- Digging Up the Weirdest Old Books
The Mao Mango Cult of 1968 and the Rise of China’s Working Class
“What is a ‘mango’?” she remembers thinking.
“Nobody knew. Few had even heard the word, let alone seen one. Knowledgeable people said it was a fruit of extreme rarity, like Mushrooms of Immortality. It must be very delicious.” Collector's Weekly
Looking back: the long reach of time
My mother's very first memory was of being frightened by booming noises -- guns? cannon? fireworks? -- while being held aloft above a crowd to view a New York harbor filled with ships. She wept and her parents comforted her. The year was 1918, and she was four years old, and they told her there was no reason to cry because it was a happy occasion: the end of the Great War. -- neo-neocon
âWe are spending money we donât have,â Mr. Bloomberg explained. âItâs not like your household. In your household, people are saying, âOh, you canât spend money you donât have.â That is true for your household because nobody is going to lend you an infinite amount of money. When it comes to the United States federal government, people do seem willing to lend us an infinite amount of money. â¦ Our debt is so big and so many people own it that itâs preposterous to think that they would stop selling us more. Itâs the old story: If you owe the bank $50,000, you got a problem. If you owe the bank $50 million, they got a problem. And thatâs a problem for the lenders. They canât stop lending us more money.â
What's It All About?
It's about sex. It's about looking hot, being hot, being sexual, having stamina, having a cut, tight body that people want for sex.
It's about avoiding anything that makes you seem ugly and unsexual so you can get laid more. Almost everything in modern society boils down to making the beast with two - or more - backs. Sex is good, always, no sex is bad, always. Anything that interferes with being beautiful, young, and having sex is always bad and wrong." -- Christopher Taylor commenting on Food Free Food
- Nokia Unveils US$20 Mobile Phone, Battery Lasts 35 Days On Single Charge - DesignTAXI.com Not, of course, available in the US.
- How much bigger can container ships get? Each will contain as much steel as eight Eiffel Towers and have a capacity equivalent to 18,000 20-foot containers.
- We Know Nothing About The Correlation Between Videogames And Violence
- 10 Biggest Known Asteroid Impacts - Google Maps
- Joel Kotkin: America's Red State Growth Corridors Low-tax, energy-rich regions in the heartland charge ahead as economies on both coasts sing the blues.
- Private Plan to Send Humans to Mars in 2018 Might Not Be So Crazy
- Taking The 'Breaking Bad' Tour Of Albuquerque if you ring their doorbell and offer them $100 to throw a pizza on the roof, they won't say no.