In a comment to a post here in 2018 The Progs: They Hate the Church More Than They Hate Life Itself an AD reader named “Ten” was more than four years ahead of today in analyzing the “American Right.”
Ten January 28, 2018, 12:23 PM
Dr. Jay asked, ‘Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me’?
Maybe simplistic is a better word. Consider the facts:
1. ProgLibIsm is self-evidently psychotic. Nope, I say that not as rhetoric; it’s a plain deduction that simply observes that the left’s tenets are The Lie and appearances-centrism, hallmarks of clinical dysfunction. They postmodernistically invent reality, frame any narrative pursuant it, reject objective reality, invent new moralities, steal from others, defraud everything, project onto The Other, and morally split like crazy. No pun; they’re apparently, evidently, religiously psychotic. They’re racist, sexist abusers and they’re way inside the house. Have been for half a century, rent paid.
2. The right, being ostensible, is all but completely codependent on #1. The right simply instinctively says and does the binary, polar opposite of the left. The right does not operate from principle or position but from its own mob’s instincts and from dumb cultural inertia.
The right has no idea what conservatism is and by now actually actively rejects much of the founding structural architecture, preferring a list of statism a mile long.
In no particular order:
- Federal “social security” and MediCare/Aid medicine plus prescription drug plans;
- the nearly $1T welfare state as some permanent, arbitrary, political, “safety net” percentage of all expenditures;
- central schooling,
- the two-income household, and the resultant progressive national morality as a component of the former;
- a NASA fetish – which is socialism for scientists;
- personal income tax as “skin in the game”;
- untaxed corporatism and the central corporate oligarchy that studies show has nullified the individual’s voice in Congress in favor of laws actually written by its lobbyists;
- overt congressional graft and campaign recklessness- calling it “free speech”; central banking and the casino bank – the “investment bank” is its sanctified, pro-“capitalism” title;
- the holy primacy of the stock market, which really is stock buybacks and incredible Fed subsidies, along with algo trading, HTFs, and elite market access;
- the utter, cross-linked abyss of financial derivatives built thereon;
- progressive monetary policy, fractional reserve – because “there’s not enough money” – fiat reserve currency, and monetizing everything;
- the petro-dollar;
- endless foreign entanglements;
- militarism and military expansionism;
- the industrial war complex; military and war culture fetishism;
- veterans culture and its socialized expenses;
- militarized police, the surveillance state and sacrificing 4A for “safety”;
- and instinctively identifying about half of tax-funded public servants as HEE-roes because they wear a uniform.
There’s probably more.
3. Given this, the ultimate horror is pending: Give the ostensible right the reins of all three branches, which we have, what will they do?
They’ll forget entirely the national debt and will pump markets to bursting thus beating the dollar down to a literal penny, ending it, at which time the next collapse will justly have them alone in the national crosshairs.
Then they’ll rummage around looking for a leftist to blame, all the while yelling hoorah or semper fi from their rec room or their pickup truck or something while waving a weapon of some sort and shrieking about 2A.
I don’t think it’s explicitly, inherently solipsistic in the cavernous rightist echo chamber (no disrespect to our erudite and artistic host whatsoever because it generally isn’t in here), however in there it is typically poorly reasoned, historically narrow, and selective, jingoistic, smug, ignorant, arrogant, defensive, and not up for correction. The right, having assumed all the reigns of power only about a year ago, will proceed to do absolutely nothing to reclaim what it never should have lost.
The Current Occupant [In 2018] is therefore an accidental gift. Trump is an accidental gift the likes of which the ostensible right will first squander and then never, ever, ever see again.
The psycho left will now proceed to encroach and encroach and the ostensible right will chortle and point and then go order another triple bacon combo death meal with super-sized Goliath fries and the four-quart gulpie, run over some vegans and a windfarm to show he really means business, and finally capitulate into a smoldering heap while the American press JFK warned everybody about – before they ignored him completely – gets out tankers of ink and starts shoveling an entire nation over.
When the right finally goes extinct, which it is hellbent to do, it won’t have a single valid defense to hang around its own neck. It did this to itself.
The American right is wholly incapable of being the American right .
The American left, however, is always thinking ahead:
Biden: “We need more money. We don’t just need more money for vaccines for children, we need more money to plan for the second pandemic. There’s gonna be another pandemic.” pic.twitter.com/9LvbxiOG4Y
— Greg Price (@greg_price11) June 21, 2022
It’s no accident that his hat has a “D” on it.