« The dominance of the media by blacks is impressive. | Main | CROATOAN [UPDATE: OH RATS A BOGUS STORY!] »

December 29, 2014

This article appeared at HuffPo in 2008. It was written by Jackie Fuchs, a woman who went to law school with Obama

"The Barack with whom I went to school

wasn’t the Barack that debuted on the national stage at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, but the president suit was already on, even if it was still too big for him. In law school the only thing I would have voted for Obama to do would have been to shut up. When he made that speech almost exactly four years ago, I wanted to vote for him. For something, for anything."
neo-neocon Looking back: a portrait of Obama in law school

Posted by gerardvanderleun at December 29, 2014 10:28 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

"....For something, for anything."

===================

There ya go, the 30 second instant microwaved coffee mindset of distant tomorrows yesterday that has to have everything RIGHT NOW GODDAMN IT with arrogancy and laziness at it's root.

Everybody's seen 4 yo's do it and are shocked the first time they see adults do it but are incensed when others don't get all assholes and elbows when they do it themselves.

Myopic is thy name and blindsided will be thy game.

Posted by: ghostsniper [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 29, 2014 11:12 AM

Jackie Fuchs was formerly Jackie Fox, bass player of the pioneering all-girl rock group The Runaways. She's led quite an interesting life:

Posted by: Mike Marinacci [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 29, 2014 11:52 AM

Its kind of sad how easily and stupidly people were fooled by Barack Hussein Obama. He was just the same self important blowhard she knew, but suddenly he said the words they wanted to hear in a very carefully practiced and learned system of speaking and suddenly she was falling all over herself wanting him to be in office. Well you got what you signed up for toots. He never changed, except in packaging.

Posted by: Christopher Taylor [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 29, 2014 12:52 PM

Next President should be ugly and communicate in grunts and hand gestures.

It's worth a try.

Posted by: Onthenorthriver [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 29, 2014 1:03 PM

There are four in the race now which might fit that bill Ghost: Romney, Bush, Clinton and Warren. Not a one is saying anything that bodes well for Middle America.

Posted by: Vermont Woodchuck [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 29, 2014 2:51 PM

Finally I agree with something Christopher Taylor wrote, his first sentence above. With the exception that not only is it sad, but stunning.

The best I can figure is that the worst thing this rotten assed gov't ever did was to hijack the public school system for that alone is what supports all other societal ills. How else can you explain the electing of oasswipe TWICE? Only very stupid people are capable of such a thing.

@VDub, I warned you, and I'll expand on it. The day will come when you will wish oasswipe was still in office.

Since at least Bush 1 each successive president has been leaps and bounds worse than the predecessor without exception. It doesn't matter which side of the aisle they come from either.

I must confess, I was so glad when jethro klintin left office and Bush 2 took over the helm, but my gladness was short lived and what I believe is the worst national horror in my life started.

Bush trashed my last hopes for redemption in this awful political tyranny and set about creating a new set of goalposts which oasswipe then expanded upon.

So will the next one, and the next, until there is nothing left but slavery or death for millions.

Posted by: ghostsniper [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 29, 2014 6:42 PM

Like the man said, Give me liberty or give me death. Life without liberty is not worth anything to some.

Could be some morning, a bunch of people will wake up thinking, I just don't care anymore. Might be an Easter morning.

Posted by: browncoat [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 29, 2014 11:10 PM

She's not nearly deep enough to even be moved by what he said. Her real thoughts were likely more about, "Hey! I went to law school with him and now he could be President!" Her vote was all about her, and about what being one degree removed from power could afford her.

I don't know politics, but I know women.

Posted by: Joan of Argghh! [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 30, 2014 5:17 AM

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. On the road to tyranny, we've gone so far that polite political action is about as useless as a miniskirt in a convent." - Claire Wolfe

This was said a couple years ago. The author is correct: it is too late to work within the system;
I don't think it is too early to start shooting the bastards. The only way to get them out of the way, make martyrs of them all.
“The people in power will not disappear voluntarily.”

Posted by: chasmatic [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 30, 2014 6:09 AM

Volunteer them just like the old time military. You, you and you just volunteered to test out the firing squad backstop. Move out.

Then it's like the barbershop. NEXT!

Posted by: Vermont Woodchuck [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 30, 2014 7:26 AM

VW, I think ghostsniper is of the impression that the culling will begin shortly. Maybe he knows something we don't know. I'll have to ask him.

Joan: My uncle Letsgo Lozko told me (you have to imagine the Bela Lugosi accent) "Dere two vays argue mit voman. Neither von vorks."

I think he did more than just raise bantam chickens, grin.

Posted by: chasmatic [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 30, 2014 8:52 AM

@Chas, let me give you my definition of culling: "The elimination of obstacles to tyranny."

What are the obstacles to tyranny?
At it's base, people.
And all of the tools the people might use to create obstacles to a gov't that will not restrain itself according to it's original blueprint.

Posted by: ghostsniper [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 30, 2014 9:10 AM

"The only argument you win with a woman is the one you don't have because even if you do win, a real argument, you will pay a higher price than if you had lost."
--gs, 2099