« Evidently "Conversion" Will Not Save You If Allah Needs Your Head for "The Conversation" | Main | In cities, especially large ones like New York and Tokyo, the moon is mostly irrelevant. »

November 16, 2014

Yes, it is legal to own a copy of Marilyn Monroe’s 1954 chest X-ray. This one sold for $4,687.

Mantique-edit_A-Marilyn-Monroe-Chest-X-Ray-1954.jpg
Manning Up: How ‘Mantiques’ Make It Cool for Average Joes to Shop and Decorate | Collectors Weekly
The antiques world had become an out-of-date feminized zone where everyone is a little too fussy about furnishings and china sets. Pickers and pawners injected the field with new life when they strode onto the scene, unafraid to hit the road and get their hands dirty digging through rusty junk. Thus, these guys are inspiring new mantiques shops across the United States, boasting items suitable for a man cave—a space where a man in a traditional marriage puts his guy stuff when his wife, expected to keep their home up to social standards, banishes it from the main house.

Posted by gerardvanderleun at November 16, 2014 7:26 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

Would look kinda spiffy, triple matted and hung over the mantle right under grandpappy's WWI mustard stained trenchgun.

Posted by: ghostsniper [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 16, 2014 8:31 AM

I have trouble accepting the term "man cave" and now this: mantiques.
Mantiques? Really, mantiques? Must be a word metrosexuals use. Me and the missus, we live in a house, got rooms. None of 'em are his and hers. They're ours. No man caves, no, er, woman caves. Rooms.

Think of how much ammo $4687.00 can purchase.

My uncle Letsgo Lozko, he raised bantam chickens. What he did, he spent money on chicken coops. Didn't have any rooster caves, far as I remember.

Posted by: chasmatic [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 16, 2014 9:04 AM

Men don't have to tell people they are men, everybody already knows it, unless as Chas suggests, there is some question of metrocity.

Posted by: ghostsniper [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 16, 2014 12:14 PM

ghost - Men don't have to advertize anything personal. If you are [something], people will sense it. That includes being a SOB,

Posted by: BillH [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 16, 2014 1:50 PM

Any man who surrenders his entire house but one room to his wife I question his manhood.

Posted by: Christopher Taylor [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 16, 2014 4:48 PM

My wife and I, we do not have a 50/50 relationship.
What we have is a 100/100 relationship. We each give all, no holding back.

My uncle Letsgo told me never to lay down with a woman that had more troubles than me. It took me a few decades to figure out what he was talking about.

I might add, that is good advice for the women too; some of us guys ain't so perfect, gasp.

As for the bantam chickens, those little sumbitches are the living descendants of velociraptors. I wouldn't be messing with 'em.

Posted by: chasmatic [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 16, 2014 10:01 PM

When you have a 30 year marriage under your belt then you've earned the right to tell me all about it, until then, shut up, pay attention, and quite possibly you'll learn something.

Bitterness is character acid.

Posted by: ghostsniper [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 17, 2014 8:17 AM

Ghost appears to know about bitterness.

Paid my mortgage off in 15.

Posted by: bradoplata [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 17, 2014 7:23 PM

lol at my ability to read. Ghost is still bitter though.

Posted by: bradoplata [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 17, 2014 9:23 PM

lol at your ability to be bitter.

Posted by: ghostsniper [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 18, 2014 1:53 PM