« Army Wants a More Potent Sidearm | Main | Obama Narrowly Misses Quarterly Performance Bonus »

July 5, 2014

Have it our way at Burger King. Or else!

a_proudburger.jpg

At least you know they're not spitting in your burger back there. [HT: Happy Acres]

Posted by gerardvanderleun at July 5, 2014 9:54 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

"Spitting" uh? They called it something different when I was growing up.

Posted by: chasmatic [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 5, 2014 12:22 PM

Why do the businesses who engage in identity politics to appease fringe groups believe it can anything but alienate a large part of their mass target market? Bugger King won't see me for a while. Magic Johnson owns a bunch of those franchise stores...hmmm.

Posted by: twolaneflash [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 5, 2014 1:44 PM

I'm not a fast food patron but I'll never set foot in a Burger King again. I don't need a corporation telling me what to think.

Posted by: gwynn romano [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 5, 2014 1:46 PM

I wrote this place off a couple years ago.

Recently added McDonald's to the list after I bought a Quarter Pounder for the first time in 2 years and discovered it was 2/3 the size of the last one, yet the price was higher.

The list of things I will not purchase any more grows longer everyday.

Posted by: ghostsniper [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 5, 2014 6:31 PM

White Castle. Sliders.

Posted by: chasmatic [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 5, 2014 9:46 PM

Who wants to eat a burger that tastes like....fruit?

Posted by: Doug [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 6, 2014 5:19 AM

I haven't had a restaurant burger in quite a while, since learning the secret to making the best damn hamburger. Butter.

Posted by: Mother Effingby [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 6, 2014 8:02 AM

Eating at one of those fast food places? How do you know that those 'workers' know what they're putting in the food. Why do you think they put pictographs on the registers?

Posted by: Vermont Woodchuck [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 6, 2014 10:06 AM

How DARE they appropriate the culture of open minded heterosexual men!
I've had to explain myself with "It's all pink on the inside" to critics of MY old dating (and mating) habits.

Posted by: CaptDMO [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 6, 2014 11:47 AM

Robert Downey, Jr. allegedly stop using drugs because while he was high he ate something from Booger King. He said after eating that crap he realized just how much he didn't want to die and how close he actually came.

Same thing goes for nasty-assed McDonalds, too. The only thing safe for human consumption from that franchise is bottled water and their coffee. It's usually so hot you can't drink it for an hour or so, but it tastes pretty good and will deliver enough caffeine to kill a dog. Great panacea for long, cross country drives.

Posted by: Jack [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 6, 2014 12:25 PM

For some reason, this came to mind:

Posted by: Rich Fader [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 6, 2014 4:28 PM

CaptDMO,

That was my line too - although I think the color they're suggesting here is more brown, y'know?

Posted by: Rob De Witt [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 6, 2014 11:39 PM