« "You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is." | Main | New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson [Bumped] »

April 17, 2014

FBI Uncovers Al-Qaeda Plot To Just Sit Back And Enjoy Collapse Of United States

700.hq.jpg

“We have intercepted electronic communication indicating that al-Qaeda members are actively plotting to stay out of the way
while America as we know it gradually crumbles under the weight of its own self-inflicted debt and disrepair,” FBI Deputy Director Mark F. Giuliano told the assembled press corps. “If this plan succeeds, it will leave behind a nation with a completely dysfunctional economy, collapsing infrastructure, and a catastrophic health crisis afflicting millions across the nation. We want to emphasize that this danger is very real.” -- America's Finest News Source

Posted by gerardvanderleun at April 17, 2014 9:08 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

Once again, satire that's so very close to the truth. Damn!

Posted by: Jimmy J. at April 17, 2014 10:12 AM

Good humor always contains an element of truth. But this is true throughout the whole story.

Posted by: Darkwater at April 17, 2014 11:18 AM

I figured it must be fake when the Arabic caption was all initials and started with a taa marbuta. I mean seriously. A taa marbuta? Sheesh.

Posted by: Jewel Atkins at April 17, 2014 11:41 AM

Posted by: Jewel Atkins at April 17, 2014 11:41 AM

Jewel: I compliment you on your vigilance. Another thing that gives it away, they don't have couches over where they are.

Maybe they need a punch in the face.

Posted by: chasmatic at April 17, 2014 1:09 PM

Thank you, Chas, I do what I can for the cause. And the remote control. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't Bin Laden have to get up and actually turn the dial on his television? Hmmm? PLUS...the Arabic is without any spaces between words, of which there are only two, as every good Arabist knows: Allahu Akbar. Duh, and all that entrails.

Posted by: Jewel Atkins at April 17, 2014 7:33 PM

Jewel, whoa! I clicked over to your blog and it was so nice it made my eyes hurt. You gonna be a regular stop now. It makes my crayons and wrapping paper blog Spillers of Soup look just like the title suggests.

Er, Jewel, was "entrails" a Freudian slip? Jes' wonderin'.

Posted by: chasmatic at April 17, 2014 8:30 PM

It's the Freudian slips which fits the best. And thank you for the kind words on my little time waster.

Posted by: Jewel Atkins at April 17, 2014 9:18 PM