« Obama is the now become the Black Knight and Tokyo Rose of politics. | Main | Poor kids. When it comes to "cool," the impossible cool, all they've got is Miley Cyrus. We have Grace Kelly. [Bumped] »

September 17, 2013

Navy Yard Shootings Scuttlebutt

aaabuttlescut.jpg
aaascuttlebut.jpg

Via the highly useful Never Yet Melted サ

Posted by gerardvanderleun at September 17, 2013 6:09 PM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

Piggybacking through security-controlled doors is also how people that work outside on and around your next commercial airliner get into what is supposed to be the most secure part of any airport. Meanwhile TSA is giving free prostate and breast exams to passengers. The employees working on the ramp get no more security check than what you would get while you receive a speeding ticket in the side of the road. If they have an ID and a name that isn't on the No-Fly List, have no outstanding warrants they are given free-range around your airliner between flights. They could smuggle anything they want onto your next flight. You are limited to 3 ounces of liquid.

Posted by: Scott M at September 18, 2013 1:09 AM

Bill, Bill, Bill, why are you not blaming it on the Bilderberg Jewish Mason Lizards who met at a Skull and Crossbone's meeting in college?

Rumor has it that the "Free Man's Perspective" site is a site run by the NSA to keep an eye on anti-government types. Watch out. Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean I am wrong.

Posted by: Potsie at September 18, 2013 6:41 AM

I'm just happy Bill's one of the harmless and mockable crazy people and not a blend in and shoot up the office crazy people. I always picture this Simpsons scene when I see one of his better quotes:

Posted by: Jason in KT at September 18, 2013 9:37 AM

Leaving non duty shift personal un armed has been policy for a long time. In early 1972 I was stationed at Nakhon Phenom Thailand, only 9 KM from the Laotian border. I was on my way to the armory to pick up my weapon for my duty shift. As I walked past the NCO Club the doors blew open and two Thais ran out closely behind. All I could do was hit the ground and crawl under an adjacent building foundation, praying all the while there were no cobras occupying my impromptu shelter.
It turned out that the club had been bombed by a grenade lobbed by a pissed off Thai national who was not paid his slot machine jackpot. Of course I had no way of knowing this.
Some 30 years later I ran across another vet who had actually been inside when the grenade was tossed. Like myself he was unarmed.

Posted by: stuart at September 18, 2013 12:04 PM

What good would being armed do against a tossed grenade?

Posted by: Potsie at September 18, 2013 12:32 PM

Had my friend on the inside been armed the grenade might never have been tossed in the first place. In addition, had those two Thai gentlemen come out shooting, I would have been toast.

Posted by: stuart at September 20, 2013 8:38 AM