« “In the world it is called Tolerance,” | Main | Who Says There's No Good News? There's Water on Mars »

September 26, 2013

I really want to buy one of these grocery checkout dividers

dividers.jpg

but the lady behind the counter keeps putting it back.

["So useful an item; a miniature border. This is mine, and that is yours." -- Mikey NTH]

Posted by gerardvanderleun at September 26, 2013 3:28 PM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

So useful an item; a miniature border. This is mine, and that is yours.

Posted by: Mikey NTH at September 26, 2013 5:44 PM

I put mine on the belt long-wise, no one uses the other side?

Posted by: tripletap at September 26, 2013 6:22 PM

I put mine on the belt long-wise, no one uses the other side?

Posted by: tripletap at September 26, 2013 6:22 PM

The proper use for those, is to beat the ever loving shite out of those customers who trundle umpteen more items than the "15 Items", into the Express Checkout.

And shove up their arse, sidewise, for good measure.

Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX

Posted by: Jim at September 26, 2013 6:57 PM

Hmm, I sense a collectables market niche here. Gerard, you are ahead of the curve once again. The only thing similar to this is this guy I know has 50, maybe 60 shopping carts in his back yard.

I have a couple of Safeway's dividers, pre-millenials, in mint condition.

Posted by: chasmatic at September 26, 2013 9:30 PM

Well, Jim, it all depends on what the meaning of "15 items" is. Do you count each blueberry in the package? I count as one item whatever I can grab from the basket with one hand.

Posted by: Terry Kirkpatrick at September 27, 2013 4:29 AM

Barbossa: First, your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement so I must do nothing. And secondly, you must be a pirate for the pirate's code to apply and you're not. And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner.

Posted by: DHH at September 27, 2013 6:48 AM