« The chief function of a Vice President | Main | Corzine: Just not a detail man »

August 22, 2012

Our Long National Nightmare is Over!

For those of you waiting on pins and needles to get your hands on Thom Browne's "afforable" new menswear line, its time to break out the plastic. Barneys.com just released the collection and you better believe some bare ankles are on full display. -- Thom Grey
thomgrey2.jpg
fashion-collar-bianca-raffaela-02a.jpg

Fashion Collars by Bianca Raffaela
men-eyebrow-shaving-guide-otoko-mayu-groom-1.jpg

Men's Eyebrow Shaving Guide: Made in collaboration with hair and make-up artist Keiko Obana, this is a special "otaku mayu" (man eyebrow) beauty tool which acts like a frame or stencil for you to groom carefully, giving you perfectly shaped eyebrows.

Posted by gerardvanderleun at August 22, 2012 6:33 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

Some variation on women's hem lines?
If men's "hem lines" are going up, doesn't that mean that the s**t is getting too deep?

Posted by: stephen b at August 22, 2012 6:39 AM

Sorry, I was interrupted because I had to go throw up. I was going to say..... um......wait a minute....I'll be right back.

Posted by: Amazed at August 22, 2012 8:24 AM

The perfect gift for Rowan Williams.

Posted by: mjazz at August 22, 2012 8:27 AM

The first guy I see wearting pants like that is going to lose them. I mean that in a bad way.

Posted by: I-RIGHT-I at August 22, 2012 8:47 AM

I have this sudden urge to beat up the two models in the dork suits. It is my natural male instinct to want to do so.

I will, of course, refrain from such barbaric behavior, and instead flush their heads in a toilet.

Posted by: Don Rodrigo at August 22, 2012 8:51 AM

Posted by: Don Rodrigo at August 22, 2012 8:54 AM

Of course, I added the second post for emphais to show that I really, really mean business. :-)

Posted by: Anonymous at August 22, 2012 8:55 AM

A little something for the metrosexual in your life? Naw, better to smother him with a pillow.

Posted by: indyjonesouthere at August 22, 2012 9:27 AM

OK. Both the coat and the pants are too short. The coat should fall to the first knuckle of the thumb, and the bottom of the cuff should *at least* be down to the top of the shoe (break optional).

First thought on this look - the kid needs a new suit, because he's outgrown this one. But, for the generation of extended childhood/childishness, I suppose it's appropriate.

Posted by: leelu at August 22, 2012 9:45 AM

Casual Friday = tank top with FUBU necktie, sandals and cod-piece.

Posted by: GaGator at August 22, 2012 10:34 AM

Thanks Gator, I was going with Uggs and a thong again.

BTW, whence came this bizarre fascination with men's eyebrows? I lived over fifty years without anyone trying to trim my eyebrows, now I have to have a five minute pissing contest with the barber to keep him from hitting them with the clippers.

Posted by: Casca at August 22, 2012 10:48 AM

I once saw a katoey in Bangkok wearing something like this.

Don, you probably don't need the help, but I'd be happy to give you a hand with the swirlie. Anybody who would wear this deserves one, or maybe two, just for good measure.

Casca, that's why I bought clippers and cut my own hair. Since I just buzz it close anyway, I don't see the point in paying someone $20 to do what I can do myself in ten minutes. And no arguments about the eyebrows, either.

Posted by: waltj at August 22, 2012 12:33 PM

Unless there's a pun about obsessive behaviour, the name is "Otoko Mayu", not "Otaku Mayu".

Posted by: WalkerColt at August 22, 2012 1:07 PM

Somewhere, Pee Wee Herman has the last laugh.

Posted by: Fausta at August 22, 2012 2:42 PM