« "If you are not living in America, | Main | Too Black to Fail »

December 28, 2011

Independent Hillary! A Choice, Not a Gecko

Hillary-Pretty-in-White.jpg
A president, not a resident

The Anchoress, she has been thinking: "If Hillary has any ambitions to be president, she ought to do it in ’12 and do it as an Independent. If ever the time was right for a strong candidate -- from the left, not the right -- to strike out as an Independent with a good chance of winning, it's this election year, and Hillary Clinton is precisely the candidate to do it." -- Why Robert Reich is Wrong « The Anchoress

Posted by gerardvanderleun at December 28, 2011 6:20 PM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

Hillary never struck me as having a great ambition to be president. I think she is more of an organization person and I think she ran last time because a large faction of the Democratic party wanted her too. Palin is self motivated, Hillary waits to be instructed.

Posted by: chuck at December 28, 2011 6:56 PM

People who say such things are ignorant, or deluded. There is no path to the White House outside of the two major parties. All other campaigns are romantic idiocy.

Posted by: Casca at December 28, 2011 7:32 PM

Almost, Casca. Perot showed that the electorate will take a self-financed or otherwise well funded candidate seriously until great peculiarities become apparent.

Hillary will not run either way. I suspect she primarily needed to prove she wasn't just Bill's bitch and is not hell bent to move up anymore.

Posted by: james wilson at December 28, 2011 8:56 PM

Hillery will advance as Billy pushes as Billy advanced as Hillery pushed.

Posted by: Rockey at December 28, 2011 9:27 PM

James has it right. The only problem is getting someone of serious enough stature to run.

What do you think would happen if Christie or Rubio ran on the Independent ticket? Hmmmm.

Posted by: Peccable at December 29, 2011 3:51 AM

The same thing that would happen to Clinton would happen to Christie and Rubio.

As soon as anyone decides to actually run for the office, they would become candidates and no longer just wet dreams. We would quickly be confronted with their shortcomings as well as their failures and gaffes. They would be lined up along an ideological wall and shot by the enemy side, all while being heckled and jeered by the candidates on the friendly side.

We have a two party system and it works. It just doesn't work the way that we expect it to work, much like everything in politics.

Posted by: Daniel at December 29, 2011 4:52 AM

Sometimes I feel so lonely, and so out of touch. Like the only guy in America who doesn't watch "American Idol" or something.

I seem to be the only person I know, who is not and who has never been, the slightest bit impressed with Hillary. Her appeal escapes me entirely. Even conservatives who loathe her and some of whom even immaturely stoop to the level of the leftys and call her names like PIAPS (pig in a pants suit -- yes I'm lookin at you, Lucianne dimwits) still seem enthralled by her alleged great intelligence and/or ruthlessness and/or ability to wield power and influence people.

She was an unremarkable and unaccomplished transactional lawyer from Little Rock. Whose only claim to fame was being connected to a real estate scam/scandal. Then a first lady of a governor. Then a first lady of a president. Okay, so far...so what? Big f--king deal. So far, she is different from Babs Bush, Pat Nixon, or Marie Obama, how exactly again? Oh right, I guess it must be that law degree.

Then, entirely on the coattails of her husband, she runs and gets herself elected as a NY Senator. In spite of NY being blood red, Guilani would have mopped the floor with her -- hell, some total nobody who ran a total s--t sandwich of a campaign, got 43% of the vote. You don't think a strong candidate like Rudy would have gotten 51%?

She did absolutely nothing.....NOTHING of any note, as a senator. Then ran for Pres. And then got so outmaneuvered by Team Lightworker, she embarassed herself.

Now, she has served as the least impressive and most anonymous S.O.S, perhaps in my entire lifetime. Other than really embarassing herself with her "re-set" button in Russia, can anyone tell me a single thing she has done in 3 years?

Can somebody provide me with a link of a single impressive accomplishment she has on her resume? Or memorable keynote speech. Or even a memorable quote from a memorable and notable interview? Didn't think so.

People express reservations about the lack of experience, executive or otherwise, a congressperson (Bachman) or two year gov (Palin) might bring to the WH, to give two examples.....but then on both the right and the left, they thoughtfully stroke their chins and say "the person who could really win the indys is Hillary. I of course hate her views (conservative) or really like her views (liberal) but golly gee, I could really see HER as President."

I'm sorry, WTF? I mean, really, WTF? HER leadership experience and skills and qualifications and accomplishments, would be...what, exactly?

Posted by: southernjames at December 29, 2011 8:01 AM

southernjames:

You're not alone. I too am baffled as to why it is so hard for so many people to be unable to spot an obvious fraud. Even worse, the Democrats tossed aside one fraud to nominate an even bigger one, and he's now President.

Posted by: Don Rodrigo at December 29, 2011 9:16 AM

Southernjames;

You seem to, very conveniently be forgetting about the time Hillary landed in Bosnia and low-crawling under sniper fire to accept the bouquet of flowers from the little girl in the welcoming committee.

Surely that's got to be worth something.

Posted by: Rocky at December 29, 2011 6:35 PM

It's not worth anything.

And don't call me Shirley.

Posted by: ahem at December 29, 2011 9:54 PM