Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em: Pro-cannabis people will say that cannabis is the greatest medication ever, and harmless.
- Others — often in the same field that I’m in, people who treat patients, people who do research with cannabis — will at times misrepresent the facts as well. They will go into a room of 100 or 200 high schoolers and relay the message that cannabis is as dangerous as fentanyl. That’s not true either. These camps seem to feel that even a single shred of evidence that runs counter to their narrative hurts them.
The eternal sadness of the single-fob Jag owner’s mind: Global car manufacturers that rely on sourcing parts from China are now on the front line of the crisis and facing shutdowns.
- UK-based Jaguar Land Rover said yesterday it was just two weeks from having to halt production at its car plants at Castle Bromwich, Halewood and Solihull as it runs out of parts. CEO Sir Ralph Speth said it had resorted to bringing vital parts from China in the holds of commercial flights and was currently only able to provide a single key fob to customers taking delivery of new vehicles.
This opinion in the Wall Street Journal got 5 Journal reporters thrown out in retaliation.
- China Is the Real Sick Man of Asia – WSJ China is as ripe as a country can be for a massive economic correction. Even a small initial shock could lead to a massive bonfire of the vanities as all the false values, inflated expectations and misallocated assets implode. If that comes, it is far from clear that China’s regulators and decision makers have the technical skills or the political authority to minimize the damage—especially since that would involve enormous losses to the wealth of the politically connected.
- “69% of U.S. voters live closer to a Cracker Barrel, Tractor Supply Company, Hobby Lobby or Bass Pro Shops location than to one of those high-end brands.” Let’s call it what it is: Dollar General America. They are ubiquitous. Republicans are winning there because they go where the votes are.
Woke Rule No. 1 is that anything with “Principles” in its name is a grift.Embarrassing Festival Of Never Trump Losers Occurs For Some Reason
Progressivism is a cult of iconoclasm. We have had more unintentional change in the last two centuries than at any other point in human history,
- and progressivism has ridden that change into social disintegration, which has allowed will to power to overwhelm social restraint. To clarify, iconoclasm is a natural instinct, and is a useful tool in the right context. Divorced from its appropriate context, iconoclasm is a spiritual cancer.
Dear bitter kids and grandkids, Fuck off and get to work. Strong letter follows: Old people should not be so quick to condemn the young people for mocking Baby Boomers or criticizing civic nationalism.
- At the root of that mockery is a bitterness at knowing they can never experience what their ancestors experienced. There will be no miracle on ice for the young. The social capital that made such a thing possible was converted into money and traded away by global capitalism. They have a right to be bitter over what their ancestors bequeathed them.
Never a rose without a thorn. The virus that challenged the world
- The alternative to the contraction as readers of the Belmont Club already know is componentization. Like applications on your smart phone, each has to be separated from the others by standard interfaces so that corruption in one does not destroy them all. That is the future political parties must envision instead of rehashing Marxist manifestos from the early 20th century. Chief among componentization’s needs must be a world wide text only satellite based system, unfettered by prior censorship open to every fully attributed person on the planet.
Chaos Theory made real by a bat?
- The bat from Wuhan that trashed the tourism trade, sank the cruise ship industry, canceled myriad events, crippled global supply chains, and upended politics is the single most dramatic example of the Butterfly Effect in history.
- “When the entire press ‘advances along the same track,’ as Tocqueville put it, the relationship between the press and the energized majority becomes mutually reinforcing. Not only does it become easier for the press to mobilize a majority, but the mobilized majority becomes more powerful and overweening with the press as its ally. This is not a positive cycle, and I think it is fair to say that it puts the press’ role as a breakwater for the tyranny of the majority in jeopardy. The key to restoring the press in that vital role is to cultivate a greater diversity of voices in the media.”
‘Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished: The Morning Report – 2/26/20
- The good news is a showdown between Trump and Sanders would be epic, not just because Trump’s rhetorical skills and stage presence, but because his no holds barred defense of himself is really a no holds barred defense of America, the American people, heritage and history. And with Trump, the best defense is a good offense and he will go on offense. Let all America see the madness of Bernie Sanders and the Democrat Party, yes, he and they are one and the same, in stark contrast with America made great again.
Maths is hardz and then you sinks: Spain builds submarine 70 tons too heavy after putting a decimal in the wrong place
- HARTFORD, Conn. — A new, Spanish-designed submarine has a weighty problem: The vessel is more than 70 tons too heavy, and officials fear if it goes out to sea, it will not be able to surface. Bardaji said the problem was discovered in the second half of last year, and Navantia told defence officials that somebody had apparently put a decimal point in the wrong place. “Apparently somebody in the calculations made a mistake in the very beginning and nobody paid attention to review the calculations,” he said.
Stupid question answered with love: Do You Need a Handheld Minigun? Of Course You Do.
- The XM556 Microgun was designed and engineered around the 5.56mm NATO cartridge. This defensive suppression weapon is significantly smaller and lighter than it’s big brother the M134. It was meant to stand in place of anywhere high suppressive fire wanted without the weight or footprint of the larger M134 electrically driven Gatling gun system. The current XM556 Microgun is smaller and lighter than some current 5.56mm beltfed Squad Automatic Weapons currently on the market, with 4times the firepower.
NYT needs to find a hole to get sick in: NYT panics over 2020 race
- This is the America we grew up in, where drag queens host readings for toddlers at libraries? Where a judge in Texas orders a 7-year-old boy to be doped up with hormone-bending drugs because his mom wants to get back at her ex by turning his son into a daughter? Where a CEO loses his job because of a $1,000 campaign donation to a popular cause? Where the government sues the Little Sisters of the Poor to force them to buy birth control? Where a president is impeached not for any crime but over a phone call? Where the previous president tells laid off factory workers their jobs are not coming back, ha ha ha? Where saying all lives matter is racist but saying black lives matter is not?
Americans to Bloomberg, “Go fuck yourself with an atom bomb.” This debate brought to you by Michael Bloomberg
- The debate was sponsored by Michael Bloomberg, who supported it with two 60-second ads that provided a merciful break from the yipping and yelling that otherwise suffused the proceedings. The New York Post provides the footnote here: Giving the thing a twisty sort of postmodern moment, that’s gotta be a first. Bloomberg’s team must have figured that Bloomberg wouldn’t be able to make the case for himself in the free time CBS donated to the event last night and they know their man.
Finally, LINKSKRIEG knows what you want; what you really want,…