Right now, special prosecutor Meuller wants to interview President Trump about Russian collusion and whatever else he can come up with, as part of an investigation. So I have some suggestions (courtesy Sheryl Atkisson on Twitter) for how he should set up this interview. Here are the rules:
- An exoneration letter is drafted in advance.
- Immunity is given to top Trump aides (and they’re allowed to sit in on interview)
- The interview isn’t recorded.
- Lead official (Mueller) doesn’t attend.
- Interviewer’s family and boss has received large donations from Trump political friends.
- Prior to the interview, lead official meets privately on plane tarmac with Trump’s wife (to discuss grandchildren)
- Main interviewer has expressed disdain for Trump’s opponents, such as discussing an “insurance plan” with higher-ups to undermine them.
- As long as they believe Trump didn’t intend any harm, he’s let off the hook for any violations.