November 17, 2008
Tuesday, November 18
- Sippican Cottage: California's Broke And I Don't Care
The Governator has his hand out for federal money. With San Franciscan Nancy Pelosi running congress and some high-powered senators on the other end of the hillhall, he might get a taste. It's a bad idea. When a fellow you know comes up to you at the racetrack and says he's lost all his money because his can't-miss horse threw a shoe, and wants to borrow a few hundred so he can buy groceries to feed his children, you're wise to at least consider that his kids might go hungry no matter what you do.
- Women rule the world. So they say, "Balls in one hand, heart in the other, manipulating the marionette strings, making those boys dance in abnormal ways, we exercise our power with impunity." - Cleopatra's Cat @ Jaded Haven
- Victor Hanson on the Journalism, she is kaput.
From the New York Times, NPR, PBS, or Newsweek, we will hear little whether Obama is choosing a good or bad team, or said silly things or contradicts what he promised. They simply have lost all credibility and now the republic is left largely with bloggers, talk radio, and a few newspapers as mostly partisan auditors.
- Tarot @ One Cosmos: The Devil and His Chaotic Minions "The card suggests "an eminently practical lesson as to how it happens that beings can forfeit their freedom and become slaves of a monstrous entity which makes them degenerate by rendering them similar to it."
- What do women want? Nothing and everything:
"The woman may be hoping for a hookup, but she may also be looking for a husband, a co-parent, a sperm donor, a relationship, a threesome, or a temporary place to live. She may want one thing in November and another by Christmas."Love in the Time of Darwinism
- Still more super news about the New York Times: Play, The New York Times' Sports Magazine, Folds Buh-bye.
- He's baack! John Podesta, UFO nutter: The Daily Gut says
if you believe in progressive ideas, you'll believe in just about anything – including kooky conspiracies concerning the suppression of alien discovery.
- Progressives’ California Dreamin': "Social liberalism has always been a white man’s gig, and the more progressive the politics, the more Caucasian the constituency."
- File under "Even with absolute power the government can't do jack."Plans Stall In Fort Trumbull
Next month marks the third anniversary of the controversial U.S. Supreme Court decision that allowed the city of New London to use the power of eminent domain. But, not much progress has been made in Fort Trumbull, leaving some wondering whether the homeowners were forced out for nothing.
- 1 Brand New Airbus + Clueless Arab Flight Crew + 1 Retaining Wall = Airbus Piloted Into Wall By Arab Crew Before Takeoff
Posted by Vanderleun at November 17, 2008 10:10 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.
Comments appear to be closed off to the left (or maybe I just can't find the box with two hands and a flashlight - distinct possibility), but since that was a first-time read for me I'd just like to say thanks for posting it. Wow. And thank God that when Grace spoke, you had no choice but to hear. We should all be so blessed.
Posted by: Julie at November 18, 2008 7:43 AM
What is it with certain Arabs that when taking over a plane they want to run it into things?
Posted by: Roderick Reilly at November 18, 2008 10:41 AM
Yes, it's tempting to imagine a bunch of incompetent, crazy Arabs smashing a brand new plane. But I'd take some elements of that story with a grain of salt. A few of the details, including the fact that a couple of Airbus technicians were also on board at the time, would seem to indicate things are not as they seem:
Posted by: rg at November 18, 2008 4:32 PM