« Marooned Among the Polar Bears | Main | Mordechai had seen more than the nakedness of Haman, the crawling, insecure lackey, filled with hatred for the Persian ruler, flattering him and craving the ultimate power he could not have. »

March 12, 2017

How 4Chan's Worst Trolls Pulled Off the Heist of the Century

The trolls using only the live stream of the flag, started, I shit you not, studying the flight patterns and contrails of the airplanes passing overhead.
They mapped out what they saw and took their findings to flight radars to try and pinpoint a general area. Using the knowledge gleaned from the flight patterns they found that the location was near Greeneville, Tennessee.

The obsessed basement dwellers turned to studying the star patterns and their movements and with that, plus a tweet that Labeouf sent out in a Tennessee diner, the trolls were able to narrow the area even further—to a small patch of land between a house and a river.

This is when their man on the ground came into play. The channers were able to enlist a local troll to drive around the area and repeatedly honk his horn. I would like you, my fair reader, to imagine a man driving around a small Tennessee town in, what I assume to be, a 1994 Toyota Tercel just blaring the horn repeatedly while rocking a, again I assume, soundtrack from a Metal Gear Solid game, all in an attempt to fuck with Shia Lebeouf—this is a thing that actually happened this week.

But then, the trolly magic happened, in the dead of night the horn was picked up on the live stream and the troll posted his location to 4Chan. - VICE

Posted by gerardvanderleun at March 12, 2017 1:18 PM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

A new wind is blowing.

Posted by: Casey Klahn at March 12, 2017 2:35 PM

Side question: This Labeouf character seems to get around, what gives? If you tracked my location over the past few months it would never reach farther than 50 miles from where I'm sitting now. But the locations for this guy's "art" is all over the place; New York, New Mexico, Tennessee.

Posted by: Clinton at March 12, 2017 4:47 PM

The HWNDU website has gone back to the "Waiting for the event to go live..." screen---will there be a fourth incarnation? Transmitting from a locked box at the bottom of the Pacific, perhaps?

Posted by: Hammond Aikes at March 12, 2017 5:16 PM

I find it hilarious that the "He will not divide us" chant is so artfully ambiguous. It could equally be a soothing reassurance spoken softly by Trump supporters to ease the fears of the anti-Trumpers. But somehow I don't believe that LeBeouf is intelligent enough to have intended that double entendre.

Posted by: Grizzly at March 12, 2017 5:32 PM

That was a pretty scientific way of finding the location of the flag. About a decade ago someone at work was stealing some mildly expensive hand held meters. After about seven of them got stolen and at a couple Ben Franklins per to replace, it got management's attention. I noted day and approximate time that each meter was stolen and compared that against time cards for the whole company (approximately 150 people). Assuming it was one individual that was stealing the meters, I crossed off anyone that was absent during one of the disappearances. This got me down to a short list of 12 people. I also realized several of the meters got stolen near the smoke room, so I put out a sacrificial meter on a table near this area and set up a low tech video camera camouflaged under a box to try to catch the thief. An engineer kept picking up the meter an putting it in a cabinet so it wouldn't be stolen, so my trap did not work. After one more meter was stolen I again used time sheets and had it narrowed down to one of two people. One of the two quit shortly thereafter and the meters quit disappearing.

Posted by: Snakepit Kansas at March 13, 2017 5:05 AM

Vice is for queers. I hate it when I click on a link and it redirects me to their site.

Posted by: Arty at March 13, 2017 5:29 PM

Shia phoned me up on Sunday February 12th. Told me his name and I asked him if he was a celebrity. He replied yes. I was vaguely familiar with the name. I am a sign painter living in Santa Fe. Shia wanted me to letter the wall at the El Rey Theater in Albuquerque. By the time he emailed me the particulars of the project I had just watched a Paul Joseph Watson video titled "Shia is a Total Idiot" or something like that. I told Shia there was no way I was going to volunteer for this mission. After my refusal Luke Turner, one of his posse members, wrote me a couple of times. I wrote, "Dear Luke, it is obvious that Shia's protests are attracting mostly an anti-Trump faction which is calling out to whoever passes by, in person and on the internet, that "WE" remain vigilant and united, undivided, in the wake of the election of Donald Trump. The message is purposely cryptic and flexible, can be taken both ways, because truly I do not fear nor dread Trump and I believe he will not divide us. I am a supreme optimist. I am also a grown up. I don't require hand-holding and chanting in a group to validate what I already feel and am living. I recommend everybody grow up, calm down, and remain positive. Alas, I will not be painting the wall at the El Rey Theater. " Luke wrote me back telling ME to grow up! That I need to take a stand in these divisive times. Personally, I am not divided. How can so many people connected to instant communications get the message so wrong? The globalists want to keep EVERYBODY divided and they are probably paying Shia to scream like a banshee into his 24 hour wall cam. I predicted Albuquerque would be much more frisky than NYC and sure enough, Albuquerque lasted only 5 days.

Posted by: Tom Hyland at March 13, 2017 8:25 PM