« The Cargo Cults and John Frum | Main | You cannot escape, you will be absorbed! »

May 21, 2014

The List for the Guillotine Just Got One Name Longer

commieproven.jpg

Dem Congressman: 'We've Proved That Communism Works': Democratic Florida Rep. Joe Garcia
— fresh off being caught eating his own earwax on camera — was caught red-handed (or is it yellow-fingered?) in another gaffe this week, claiming that low crime rates in border cities with lots of federal immigration workers is proof that “Communism works.”

Posted by gerardvanderleun at May 21, 2014 8:23 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

Of course it works, always has, just not in the way the statists thinks it does.

Explain communism to a 5 yo child, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.", and ask him if he likes how it sounds.

His answer will be just like that from a fully grown statist.

~kleinen kinder schleppen bitte~

Posted by: ghostsniper at May 21, 2014 9:51 AM

It's not just this one guy, unfortunately.

Individuals with a similar 'grasp' of what 'works', and doesn't, and why - grounded in a thoroughly adolescent morality - now infest every industry, every institution, every age group and all walks of life. Ignorance - willful and other - is now rampant.

Lame-brained confusion about communism is hardly the only factor. Politics and government are not the only areas being adversely affected by this. Rather, the fabric of society is dissolving because of it. I imagine every great civilization that's come - and gone - before us has experienced something similar.

This cycle will likely continue until an insightful people finally catch on that when individual liberty is institutionalized via some form of Constitution, so must individual accountability. Maybe it's just an unfortunate, unavoidable facet of human development that will simply never be overcome.

Posted by: goy at May 21, 2014 10:10 AM

Business is dissolving too Goy.
I've been self employed since about 1986 and my wife has been for the past 15 years, in our respective ventures, and weekly it seems we are encountering all sorts of weird situations resulting from other peoples irresponsibility. It seems like everyone's focus is on fun, Fun, FUN and everything else be damned.

I'm doing a difficult job made even more so by assholes that won't pull their weight.

"One of these days, and it won't be long, you'll look for me and baby I'll be gone."
--lz

Posted by: ghostsniper at May 21, 2014 11:51 AM

Communism does work for the Nomenklatura.

Posted by: Scott M at May 21, 2014 12:56 PM

ghost: you know what to do with assholes, uh?

Posted by: chasmatic at May 21, 2014 7:04 PM

chas: Most of my work comes via email so I am unable to *reach out and touch someone*, like I'd like to.

I long ago discovered that the fastest way to get a clients undivided attention is to hit em right square in the ass pocket. Yeah, they pout, some even whine, but none can squirm for long when reality is their nemesis. Principles always win.

Posted by: ghostsniper at May 21, 2014 7:29 PM

ghost: Gotcha. I worked as an Electrical Contractor for twenty years, a small business with high-end clients and custom builds. All these lawyers and doctors, business owners with million-dollar cash flow, they seem unaware of several principles, like:

fast
cheap
well-made

I would tell them OK you can have two out of three, which do you want?

Or, and I always enjoyed this, I'd give them an estimate for what they wanted and they'd start chiseling it down, their idea of bargaining and when they would ask "can you do this for less money?" I'd say "yeah, what do you want to leave out?"

BTW I usually won two or three out of ten jobs that I bid. Any more and I figured I was doing something wrong, under-estimating, failed to see certain details, so forth. If I lost one because I over-bid I was OK with that.

Posted by: chasmatic at May 22, 2014 6:03 AM