« Federal funds earmarked to offset Affordable Care Act insurer losses | Main | The role of the sycophant press in a utopia is to keep the mob in a state of frenzy. »

May 22, 2014

NC BBQ Restaurant With Prominent “NO GUNS” Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

The-Pit-Posted-1_20140519.jpg

[The sign is] not just some generic “No Guns” sign the owner, Greg Hatem picked up down at the local sign emporium.
No, these are custom jobs. He went out of his way to make custom signs to make sure we gun owners felt unwelcome. …let me describe it. The three pictograms are labeled “NC State Capitol,” “NC Legislative Building,” and “The Pit.” Above the pictograms it says, “No Weapons” and below, “No Concealed Firearms.”
Guns save Lives

Posted by gerardvanderleun at May 22, 2014 11:33 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

He reaps what he sows. Hopefully nobody got hurt even though the guy is an asshole in need of a good hard punch in the face.

I have considered from time to time putting lists together of "gun-free" stores, restaurants, even homes and making the lists available to the public. What the heck, the anti-gunners strive to publish neighborhood lists of those of us that do possess firearms so turnabout is fair play.

Posted by: chasmatic at May 22, 2014 11:52 AM

The posting of those signs is enough to keep carriers out. Let the fools rush in; it's a sucker bet if you believe those places won't get hit.

Criminals may be really dumb, but even the dumbest isn't that stupid to try to hold up a gun store.

Posted by: Vermont Woodchuck at May 22, 2014 12:10 PM

Let me add that a sign like that doesn't cover the law here in South Carolina. There is a specific sign with exact dimensions to make the posting legal.

Posted by: Vermont Woodchuck at May 22, 2014 12:13 PM

His name says it all.

Posted by: tripletap at May 22, 2014 2:59 PM

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm.

Posted by: Rob De Witt at May 22, 2014 4:32 PM

Stupid criminal must not have read the sign. Seems they never do.

Posted by: waltj at May 22, 2014 7:51 PM

It's always fun to see the outcome of a delusion colliding with reality.

Posted by: Michael Richards at May 22, 2014 10:16 PM

I routinely ignore signs.
It's inhuman to NOT protect yourself.
If you tell me I can't protect myself I'll get chasmatic to pay you a visit.

Posted by: ghostsniper at May 23, 2014 4:34 AM

If I post a Gun Free Zone sign (of appropriate state standards of course) as "bait". If I make up "new rules" that I have no intention of following myself. If I claim "arbitrary redefinition of words". If I "sue" anyone that disparages the IQ of mylanguage "usage".
What would that make me?

Posted by: CaptDMO at May 23, 2014 5:49 AM

Speaking of new words, I learned of one yesterday in an article I read.

The new word is "overserve".

If you purchase an item from a merchant and then another and another, etc., the merchant could be found guilty of the crime of "overserving" you.

(so far I have not heard mention that overpurchasing is a crime, stay tuned)

Further, the merchant must some how determine by your outward appearance if you are close to being "overserviced" and stop servicing you.

(no "overserviced" finish line has been established indicating a patron is getting close to it)

Notice if you will that the outward appearance of a patron may very well be the same prior to being overserviced as after being overserviced.

Notice also that by the mere fact of being in business a merchant can be sucked into this make believe universe, and if astute, will make provisions to avoid that happenstance and thereby limiting her/his productivity, which if you listen to the communists is a bad thing.

One thing you can count on is that the group-victim-think insanity will continue to escalate at an exponential rate until such time that the forces of nature can no longer contain it and the winds of change will sweep the surface clean to start anew all over again.

Posted by: ghostsniper at May 23, 2014 6:42 AM

In my state even if you ignore a lawfully posted "no guns" sign and conceal-carry inside the area anyway you are only guilty of the mildest misdemeanor AFTER you are asked to leave and you remain.

It would be like not being guilty of DUI until after you are stopped by a roadside checkpoint IF you take another drink at the checkpoint and drive away.

Most people think ignoring the "no gun" sign means they could be snatched up and rushed right to jail because someone sees the outline of your pistol under your shirt. It doesn't mean that at all. If you simply leave the premises IF asked you haven't even committed the equivalent of jaywalking or littering in my state. YMMV.

Posted by: Scott M at May 23, 2014 3:12 PM