« The Divorce That Dare Not Speak Its Name | Main | Baby Boomers Discover Actual Use for Millennial Hipsters »

May 4, 2014

Cave Pussy (n.)

1. Humankind’s very first liberals, the cavemen who never bothered to learn to hunt or to brew ale;
when the cave-conservatives dragged a big carcass back to the fire to carve up and feed everybody, the cave-pussies felt the need to justify their share of the meat, and so contributed some rules about how to divide it all up. Later on, they invented claiming credit for the meat, blaming the conservatives for whatever food poisoning might have happened, and vegetarianism.2. Any modern day successor of the original cave pussies.
I Made a New Word LXIX

Posted by gerardvanderleun at May 4, 2014 7:08 PM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

The early cave-pussies quickly earned the scorn and derision of the real cavemen, and learned how to eat without any teeth after the real guys gave them many punches in the face.

Not much has changed: real guys still dispense good hard punches in the face to pussies and others in need of adjustment.

Posted by: chasmatic at May 4, 2014 8:59 PM

All glory to Eratosthenes; "cave pussy" was sitting right there in plain sight, but he's the one who crystallized the thought for us. Farewell bearded hipster, enter "cavepussy", forever more. I wish I could coin words like this. Whatever the opposite would be for 'punch in the mouth', Eratosthenes should get one.

Posted by: Mike James at May 4, 2014 10:02 PM

Mike: A tip o' the hat.

Posted by: chasmatic at May 4, 2014 10:07 PM

So appropriate. So I guess I can now say that I love pussy but I hate pussies. Well, actually, it's always been that way for me.

Posted by: Jack at May 5, 2014 5:56 AM

As time advanced and the supermarket was invented, cave pussy’s fearing for their livelihood started offering up to other somewhat more dominate and business savvy cave pussy’s interior and fashion design recommendations, sexual favors, and the taking up of other more traditionally female roles so as not to be kicked out of the cave or tribe. This has resulted in such amazing wonders as the wearing of Assless Chaps, GQ magazine, the Mimosa being served in steak houses and the over use of the word “fabulous”.

Posted by: W. T. Franklin at May 5, 2014 2:57 PM

Something must be wrong with my mouse. I'll get a hammer and fix it.

Posted by: W.T. Franklin at May 5, 2014 3:00 PM

WT: it's not the mouse but the subject matter. Try exorcising your mouse with JD Black. If the condition persists give it to someone you don't like.

Posted by: chasmatic at May 5, 2014 11:14 PM