« Fame is a fickle food by Emily Dickinson | Main | "Well, now, you listen to me, you young whippersnapper...." »

May 17, 2014

"A Whimsical Oasis"

a_dollyroom.jpg

Eclectic: Described as a 'whimsical oasis', the home exudes eccentric charm with cactus and country meets pink gingham and cottage touches Dolly Parton puts her bizarre $1.4 million Californian home on the market

Posted by gerardvanderleun at May 17, 2014 6:32 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

What you get when you let the air out of fantasy.

Posted by: Vermont Woodchuck at May 17, 2014 6:53 AM

I guess it's the previous decorators theme (and some sort of vicarious popularity), not the house, that's being sold.

Posted by: CaptDMO at May 17, 2014 6:56 AM

I like the idea of a big refrigerator just five feet from my bed in case I get hungry at night.

Posted by: GoneWithTheWind at May 17, 2014 7:15 AM

Dolly is smart to get out of California.

Posted by: Lorne at May 17, 2014 2:59 PM

It is not a room I would want to spend a lot of time in. I think it is as bad as Graceland. My kitchen is the best in the universe.

Posted by: chasmatic at May 18, 2014 6:56 AM

Used to be the best.
I am the cook in our family and I completely gutted our kitchen 18 months ago and put it back together the way a kitchen is supposed to be built and it's centered on that $600 Kohler single bowl white porcelain sink and Price-Pfister Mariel faucet and Badger 3/4hp disposal and radiates out from there.
Now, it's a high powered very efficient working room as all kitchens should be. After designing some 4000 kitchens for other people and only 2 for myself I am finally starting to get the hang of it.

Posted by: ghostsniper at May 18, 2014 7:19 AM

Ahem, ghost, allow me to point out one thing that tips the scales in my favor: your kitchen does not have me in it, mine does. Case closed.

Posted by: chasmatic at May 18, 2014 12:37 PM