February 2, 2013
Saturday Short Stack
- Sleeping with the fishes: Spawned in the USA: new fish named after Barack Obama Etheostoma Obama, is a relatively skinny orange and blue speckled fish topped by a brilliant fan-shaped fin, with bold orange stripes.
- Followed by an Obama grant: National Science Foundation: $400,000 for Guppy Study
- The obvious explanation: Mass Vanishing from Workforce Linked to Alien Abduction
- Department of Departed Skillz: Would-be carjackers foiled by mysteries of the stick shift
- Satan's Wheel: The sum of all the numbers on the roulette wheel (from 1 to 36) is 666 -- Roulette
- Getting out while the getting's good: U.S. Secret Service Director to Retire After 30 Years - Bloomberg Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said in a statement. “I am deeply grateful for his contributions.” While wiping off her chin.
- We were young at the start. MacDonald, the murderer; Murtagh, his nemesis; and me. Now we are old. And still the case won’t die. -- Final Vision by Joe McGinniss
Posted by gerardvanderleun at February 2, 2013 11:25 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.
Etheostoma Obama, is a relatively skinny orange and blue speckled fish topped by a brilliant fan-shaped fin, with bold orange stripes.
The fish devours any live around it and makes the pond it lives in un-inhabitable.
Posted by: Potsie at February 3, 2013 4:28 AM
Saturday's Short Stack ... Sassy.
Posted by: DeAnn at February 3, 2013 5:43 AM
That fish story is appropriate, because Obama is the Delta Smelt of US presidents.
Posted by: Mike at February 3, 2013 7:02 PM