« Day of FAIL: Nationwide anti-capitalist revolution flops | Main | World's Oldest Known Progressives Discovered in Stone Age Swedish Lake Bed »

September 19, 2011

Pet Peeve: Trader Joe's Cheese

This guy is right on the Money:
Cheese is scary at all Trader Joe’s. They tend to mold after a week, which I've complained about for 10 years because it means that they're NOT cleaning their cutting surfaces. There's nothing like a little Stilton mold in your Cheddar or Swiss. The employees agree, but nothing's ever been done about it. -- Trader Joe's: The Good, the Bad, and the Dearly Departed | The Daily Meal

Posted by Vanderleun at September 19, 2011 3:11 PM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

I'm confused. As long as you have a house Negro to dispatch for your Two Buck Chuck, why would you set foot in a Trader Joe's in the first place?

Posted by: Velociman at September 19, 2011 5:30 PM

Ahem. Because Two Buck Chuck is now Three and Four Buck Chuck. Serious money.

Posted by: vanderleun at September 19, 2011 5:45 PM

I was wondering about that V, but there's no inflation. As for me, I get my twenty lb wheels from Costco.

Posted by: Casca at September 19, 2011 5:55 PM

Never had any problem with TJ cheese.

Posted by: pbird at September 19, 2011 6:13 PM

I often cut the cheese, myself. Ripe, yes, but never moldy.

Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX

Posted by: Jim at September 19, 2011 8:05 PM

As long as we're talking about TJ's, I noticed they no longer carry ground bison or ground venison, or even grass-fed beef; at lest, not in my area.

What happened, did the Vegans and PETA threaten their families or something?

Posted by: Don Rodrigo at September 20, 2011 3:11 PM

TJs isn't terribly convenient to us, but when we're in the neighborhood, we do drop in and grab a thing or two.

But every time I'm there, I wonder: Is it possible that both the NEA teachers and the hippies can shop in one place, or are the teachers just hippies who have gone legit?

Posted by: azlibertarian at September 21, 2011 10:27 AM