« 'Alternative' Energy: "As to rooftop solar being the solution:" | Main | Number 486,372.... with a Bullet »

March 20, 2011

"We’re all in this together. Sorry."

I know there are some extreme libertarians that think Libya is none of our business
--€” that we, and the international community, should stay out and let the locals blow each other to smithereens until the next dictator takes the throne or the old one keeps it and locks his enemies in torture chambers. Attractive and consoling as that idea may be, the world is nowhere near that simple. We live on a tiny globe that is shrinking by the moment for a myriad of reasons from instant communications to limited energy to a global economy. The bloodshed in Benghazi affects the refineries of Texas just as the tsunami at Fukushima rocks the boatyards of Crescent City. And those are only a couple of the most obvious instances this week. -- Roger L. Simon » Jets over Libya as H. Clinton Assumes Presidency

Posted by Vanderleun at March 20, 2011 12:08 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.

When doing it, Roger, one does it the way your old time Commie buddies did it, the same as the Romans did it.

Leave no live enemy behind you and salt the earth. You must have lost your balls in your conversion to RINOism.

Posted by: Peccable at March 20, 2011 5:43 AM

No one has even taken the trouble to demonstrate how a new regime will not be anti-American under any circumstances. We might at least want to take a time out from the idea of interventionism while the enemy is running our own government, and the Chinese are funding it. Seems prudent. Wake the fuck up everybody. It's 2011, and we are really here.

Posted by: james wilson at March 20, 2011 9:30 AM

The anti-American part is a given. That's why we elected the enemy. As much as I don't want to, I agree with you, james wilson. Been thinking (and it was one of my last blog posts - I'm in a state of open surrender, personally), the last "Supermoon" occurred just weeks after the 1993 WTC attacks. I think we've been "here" for a long time. Only difference now is our president's skin color.

Posted by: bloggerformerlyknownasRedCarolina at March 20, 2011 9:43 AM

Yes, I think the anti-American new/old regime is not only the point but the exit strategy.

Posted by: vanderleun at March 20, 2011 10:31 AM

I'm afraid I don't see it. Most of what goes on outside the borders of the U.S. is none of our concern. We can't run our own country but we sure as hell like to butt in everywhere else.

Posted by: Quent at March 20, 2011 2:32 PM

Since the's no intent to take out Kadaffy Duck and seize the oil fields (the consequence of which would be an anti-Western insurgency), then why should we do this?

The Yerpians having to borrow our Navy and Air Force so they can appear bold and masculine is an outrage.

Posted by: Don Rodrigo at March 21, 2011 11:14 AM