May 30, 2010
Prepare to Take Linktation
- Wisecrack of the day: Since popes can’t be married, Tipper had to go. SHOCKER: Tipper to divorce ManBearPig « HillBuzz
- Evil belief of the day: "You might have believed that Paul Krugman had been cloned and cloned and cloned again. Had Enough Therapy?: Capitalism Returns... with a Vengeance
- Today's D.G.A.S.: Daphne's got a list of six. Among them are: 4. Busty Barbie. Who buys this crap? 5. The Gore divorce. Who cares? The Sky Is Falling « Jaded Haven
- Gores decline to wait until their children are dead. Double their carbon footprint. Al and Tipper Gore decide to separate
- When North Korea speaks, sane people say, "WTF?" Perhaps this translation is suspect: "The Lee group’s call for “resolute measure” is as a foolish and ridiculous suicidal act as jumping into fire with faggots on its back." Source
- Some people have no sense of humor: “It’s not a joke to pee into a woman’s mouth,” she said. Mouth-shaped 'kisses' urinal flushed out of eatery - Canada - Canoe.ca
- Room at the top in al Qaeda organizational pyramid. Mustafa Abu al-Yazid: Death of Al Qaeda's Number Three Leader - ABC News Next!
- "Hobbit" on hold. Film may be delayed a decade? Word Around the Net
- Real Men Of Genius: Here's To You, Mr. Drummer Who Refuses To Take His Medication. The Borderline Sociopathic Blog For Boys
- Joe McGinniss: Just another drunk Boston Irish democrat, wot? Curmudgeonly & Skeptical
- Reality is relentless. Even if you control the media, reality wins in the end. Oil spills and other messes: Are there contradictions? - Maggie's Farm
- Headline: U.N. Security Council Condemns ‘Acts’ in Israeli Raid It seems to me that toppling the UN building in New York into the East River would, once the sewage filters out, create the finest fish habitat on the East Coast.
- The 'Alief:' The bedpan is clean, the fudge is fudge, the gun is empty. But the alief is stupid, screaming, "Filthy object! Dangerous object! Stay away!" The Pleasures of Imagination
- Paul Krugman as "The Mole Who Must Be Whacked" @ The New Ledger
- He gazes out of the photo, mute, enigmatic, not quite smiling, and speaks to me across the decades. Sippican Cottage: Traditional, Now
- Never Mind: Never mind the fact that Israel lays claim to a tiny patch of land in the midst of vast hostile Muslim territories; never mind that the historical record establishes that Israel has ties to that land going back 3,000 years; never mind that Israel fights to minimize her enemy’s deaths and injuries, while the enemy fights to maximize Israel’s; never mind that Israel’s acts are in accordance with international law; never mind any other items in the laundry list all of you can create justifying Israel’s right to exist and the righteousness of her actions (never mind that Israel, too, like any nation comprised of living, breathing human beings, sometimes errs). These facts are irrelevant to the animus the Left feels towards Israel, and so many American Jews are Leftists first, and Jews second. Bookworm Room » What happens after fifty years of Leftist control over institutions of higher education
- "Least of all, me!" Pres. Obama has departed Lincoln Natl Cemetery. His speech cancelled Obama told crowd: "A little bit of rain doesn't hurt anybody but we don't want anybody struck by lightning." Mark Knoller (markknoller) on Twitter
- Traditionally an artist is not someone who goes with the crowd, especially when that crowd hasn’t revised an idea since the presidential campaign of George McGovern. Open your minds. What’s cool may not be so cool anymore. If Dennis can do it, so can you. He wasn’t afraid of losing his job. Roger L. Simon on Dennis Hopper: the hippest American bikes off
- "Our very lifestyle demands penitence: Americans have easily accessible oil reserves, but it would be wrong to touch them, so poor old BP have to do the “environmentally responsible” thing and be out in the middle of the Gulf a mile underwater. If you’re rich enough to be that stupid, what won’t you subsidize?" We’re too broke to be this stupid - Mark Steyn @ Macleans
- An extremely clever and creative new thing will amuse the world for two and a half weeks in June, become passé by mid-September, and wind up as a trite and infuriating cliché by Christmas, sources said Monday. America's Finest News Source
- Dangerous Undertakings: "The ruins of the American “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy towards Israeli nukes lie before the diplomats like a lost city in Hollywood B-movie. Unlike the Israeli Air Force, those missiles do not require American permission to transit Iraqi air space to retaliate on Iran. But the bad news is that unlike manned airplanes, missiles are harder to call back and their payloads are likely to be unconventional in the extreme." Belmont Club » Where the Old Flotilla Lay
- There's a month for that: Obama Declares June LGBT Month [Also to be known as "June Is Coming Out All Over!"]
- On Grqx, thinking or talking about something is equivalent to doing something about it…indeed, the magic works better if you don’t think or talk directly about the problem you’re trying to fix, but rather about your own feelings about that problem…even better, your feelings about your feelings. Chicago Boyz The President From a Galaxy Far Away
- 10 years later, Maureen Dowd still wants to be felt up by Bill Clinton. Daily scoreboard « Don Surber
- Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran Three German-built Israeli submarines equipped with nuclear cruise missiles are to be deployed in the Gulf near the Iranian coastline. Chicago Boyz » Blog Archive » Israel vs Iran — The Sum of All Fearful Irony?
- At that point, the Secret Service was badly outnumbered by the Fruit of Islam, who apparently believed that some sort of “security breach” had occurred. Were Farrakhan’s men armed? Covering Obama, press encounters Nation of Islam
- Mmmmmmm... bacon dogs: "These bacon dogs are what they sound like - hot dogs with bacon mixed into the filling, cased and cured. The weather is no good today, so I just put them on a grill pan in the kitchen. Folks, as these hot dogs cook, they ooze bacon grease. On a standard hot dog bun with just a tiny stripe of plain yellow mustard, they are smoky, salty heaven. It's amazing." The Dipso Chronicles
- A Bounty for a Barrel of Skimmed Oil "I think a thousand dollars a barrel would probably pull every boat within a hundred miles of the Gulf Coast into this operation. A dollar a barrel? Well, maybe a couple of guys in a Greenpeace skiff." dustbury.com » Besieged Petroleum
- We've no politicians who have any notion how to radically downsize a government peacefully. Yet we are getting beyond the sort of thing we can vote on. David Warren
- When headlines and pictures are somehow just so right for each other. KA-CHING!
- Like many one-party states, Chicago is run by a malevolent moron. Gun Debate Hits New Low: A Comment on Method
- Beware "...the preachings of the ’selfish mutant’. In a society without traditions the 'free riders' may gain ascendancy and even suppress history to aid their increase." Belmont Club » Memory and Survival
- "Above my pay grade." The Obama Syndrome: the physical and emotional and managerial absence of the president. Sense of Events: On the Gulf Course
- "I'm walking westward from New York City for nine months or so." I'm Just Walkin'
- Baseball is empty! But its emptiness is its point. A horsehide-wrapped ball isn't about anything. That's why we can all agree about it. "E pur si muove!": How Not to Give a Commencement Address
- What is it that everyone expects Obama to do? The infantile mind set of blaming the president of the U.S. for everything gone wrong in the world is for liberals. We should be above the practice.
- The Cold Equations: How technology has changed society, or why your great-grampa didn't have anonymous gay sex in bathhouses
Posted by Vanderleun at May 30, 2010 10:56 AM. This is an entry on the sideblog of American Digest: Check it out.
Re: David Warren's piece which suggests that we're beyond being able to downsize big-government at the ballot box, have you been aware of the Inalienable Human Rights Initiative in California?
This petition is currently circulating for signatures to qualify for a future ballot. It basically expands the Unalienable Rights of the U.S. constitution to the people of Ca. saying in effect that the State of Ca. would have no right to tax the use and consumption of air, C02, water, habitat for humanity, and other energy producing natural resources. It also gives he People of Ca. the Unalienable Right to nullify all Federal powers not delegated to the U.S. by the Constitution.
It would effectively repeal the Ca. endangered species act, the Ca. Coastal Act, the Ca. Global Warming Act, the Ca. Environmental Quality Act, and even Obama's Healthcare debacle.
Website for the Ca. Bear Flag Revolt Initiative is: Waterforfighting.org
Posted by: adagny at June 4, 2010 7:57 AM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)