Scott Adams Takes the Blame:
According to social media, and the mainstream media as well, Trump might be the next Hitler because he does things Hitler would have done. For example:Posted by gerardvanderleun at March 13, 2016 12:56 PM
- Trump is charismatic and appeals to our prejudices.
- Trump approves of violence against people he thinks deserve it.
- Trump blames “others” for the nation’s problems.
- Trump has an authoritarian vibe.
All that is true. But it would be equally easy to build a list of why Trump is definitely NOT like Hitler. For example:
- Trump is anti-war. Hitler, not so much.
- Trump asks us to favor legal citizens over non-citizens. He makes no mention of race. Hitler killed his own citizens and mostly cared about race.
- Trump wants citizens to be heavily armed to protect themselves against bad people, including dictators. Hitler didn’t want to arm his potential enemies.
- Trump wants greater freedom of speech that would include politically incorrect topics. Hitler wasn’t so big on free speech for others.
- Trump assures us his genitalia have “no problem.” Hitler had one testicle.
I could go on, but you see how easy this is. The mainstream media can either portray Trump as Hitler or non-Hitler. So far, they have chosen (subconsciously I assume) the Hitler analogy all the way.
Again, none of this is conscious. It is just the result of individuals pursuing their own emotional truths and doing the best they can. Weirdly, everyone involved is trying to make the world a better place. But at least half of them have the wrong plan. We just don’t know which half.
So now we have a situation in which two-thirds of the country and most of the mainstream media believe Trump is a Hitler-in-the-making that must be stopped. Only the mainstream media can remedy this situation and apparently that is not financially advantageous. So don’t expect anything but escalation in the “disruptions” and violence.
The Secret Service will do a great job of protecting Trump. But even so, his odds of surviving the next year are dropping quickly. I put the odds of an attempted assassination at about 25% before November. And apparently that’s on me for being a Trumpsplainer. I apologize for that.The Trump Riots That are Mostly My Fault | Scott Adams Blog