I saw Paisley in concert recently - extraordinary talent and performer.
And I came to realize the attraction of country music, which has been growing on me of late:
* It's happy, good-time music, no angst, no nihilism, no sexual violence/murder/racism (see: hip-hop);
* It's unashamedly patriotic and pro-military, which is why the intelligentsia hate it so much;
* It's clever, humorous, self-deprecating, and doesn;t take itself too seriously. Great hooks, too.
* It's unpretentious: have a beer, go fishin', check out the ladies while drivin' my pickup -- absolutely no PC allowed.
* There's some damn fine musicians such as Paisley, Keith Urban, etc.
There's much to like there...
American Saturday Night. As I was listening to this song, brought back memories; and the realization that our POTUS has no concept of the average American mans life experience..public grade school, chores, Little League baseball, Friday night football, Boy Scouts, a mentoring father, county fairs, church camp, prom, teenage beer parties at the river, first job, first car, fishing, hunting, fraternity hell week, military service,.....the list goes on. I know this is a fly-over-country list but in my opinion, most get it in the CW crowd. This effete, preening, self-absorbed metro-sexual does not have the American experience that ties him to most of us. Indonesia and Hawaii are hardly the epicenters of traditional American culture. We like to play hard but only after hard work; he engages most of his time in the former, hardly the latter. November will be the reckoning.