It's only human to want to fix blame for the slobbering disasters that have befallen the United States of America since November, 2008. The problem is to know exactly who is to blame.
Fortunately for us, the solution to our problem is simple: Glenn Reynolds.
Not only is Reynolds to blame for this fine mess, he has confessed it in public over and over again. Herewith, although his sins are both numerous and multiple, I have collected a mere 39 of his confessions . As he freely, but as yet without forgiveness, acknowledges Reynolds has caused all these things and more by casting his 2008 vote for John McCain.
These are those confessions -- IN HIS OWN WORDS! -- by which he stands CONDEMNED! As you can see there is almost nothing that has happened in the Obama years that Reynolds is not directly responsible for (Except, perhaps, Michelle Obama's recent nip and tuck. Developing.).
Consequently this summer's full series of the Orwell Network's "Two Minutes Hate" will be focused on Glenn Reynolds exclusively.
Gentlemen, start your loathings!
"THEY TOLD ME IF I VOTED FOR JOHN MCCAIN....
1. THOUGHT POLICE WOULD ARREST PEOPLE FOR PASSING OUT LITERATURE THAT OFFENDED RELIGOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS.
2. Washington would be run by insider fatcats and their corporate tools.
3. Volunteerism Would Count For Little.
4. AMERICANS WOULD BE SHUNNED ABROAD.
5. WE'D SEE BLUENOSES TRYING TO SCORE CHEAP POLITICAL POINTS OVER PORN.
6. That scientific process would be politicized.
7. WE'D SEE NEWS CHOKED OFF TO PROTECT THE REGIME.
8. We'd have a President who'd expand clandestine military actions throughout the Middle East.
9. WE'D HAVE A SECRETIVE ADMINISTRATION THAT STONEWALLED CONGRESSIONAL INQUIRIES IN THE NAME OF NATIONAL SECURITY.
10. We'd have a President who was in bed with big oil.
11. WE'D SEE STONEWALLING ON NATIONAL SECURITY.
12. Fearmongers would push civil rights restrictions in the name of a war on terror.
13. WE'D HAVE OPEN RACIAL SEGREGATION IN AMERICA.
14. We'd have a regime where any criticism of the government was regarded as Tantamount to treason.
15. WE'D HAVE A PRESIDENT CHARGED WITH WAR CRIMES.
16. The war on terror would be run by a bloodthirsty cowboy who'd make a mockery of Civil liberties.
17. We'd see a burgeoning Police State.
18. The White House would be the butt of sarcastic, world-weary jokes.
19. Feds and police would be pushing for warrantless searches of your cellphone.
20. We'd be locking up people and throwing away the key without even the thought of a trial.
21. We'd see a new Orwellian era of surveillance.
22. We'd have a rogue Justice Department that worried about politics more than law.
23. We'd see for-us-or-against-us jingoism from the White House.
24. We'd live an Orwellian nightmare of surveillance and repression.
25. Government agencies would be keeping secret dossiers on peaceful protesters.
26. We'd see constitutional rights suspended in the face of flimsy claims of Emergency.
27. We'd be attacking foreigners just to distract voters from problems at home.
28. We'd see a federal government with creepy police-state thinking on the rise.
29. THE WHITE HOUSE WOULD BECOME AN OLD BOYS CLUB.
30. We'd have a President who used signing statements to rewrite legislation According to his whim.
31. Thugs would drag screaming journalists away from Air Force one.
32. WE'D BE SPENDING UNACCOUNTABLY ON DEFENSE.
33. The gov't financial apparatus would be controlled by insiders leaking Confidential information to their pals on Wall St.
34. PROMISING STEM-CELL TREATMENTS WOULD BE BLOCKED BY FEDERAL REGULATION.
35. Political Extremism would infiltrate the Pentagon.
36. WE'D SEE JOURNALISTS ARRESTED IN THE STREETS FOR REPORTING.
37. BIG BUSINESS WOULD BE SQUASHING DISSENT.
38. We wouldn't see the end of big contracts going to Halliburton.
39. We'd have a President who didn't properly vet his nominees.