It's in the Cards
I KEEP NOTES. I keep notes on everything. Lately I've upgraded my note-keeping with the compulsive use of the the Hipster PDA -- a device that will change your life.
As a result, I've got a growing file of random notes which, at the time I took them, I felt would come in handy for something. And many have. But others just wait in card file looking for someplace to live. So, here's a few in no order other than the time they were taken. Why here and why now? Because I can.
Posted by Vanderleun at February 15, 2005 12:25 PM
- "I used to be a man with secrets," the Italian guitarist told me after talking to his distant wife on the cell phone between courses. "It wasn't a good way to live."
- The theme of the discussion was "What Do You Want?"
She said, "What do I want? I want an erect penis in my house."
- One cocktail puts you into low orbit around the Planet Me. Two cocktails degrades that orbit. Three, and a fiery reentry is assured.
- Consequences of Bad Rolodex Cards: TV talk show producer mistakenly books Tourettes Sufferers Convention tour group as the audience for Oprah.
- "Dad punched a hole in the wall and my mom hung a picture of my brother giving a sermon over it."
- "If you're not listening, the only interesting story in the room is yours and you're sick to death of it."
- Thoughts While Listening: "Oh great, today's is going to be non-stop reports from Planet Estrogen."
- There is no multi-tasking. There is only the monkey mind jabbering so fast it seems like multi-tasking.
- "Every little thread in the fabric of their being is a lie."
- Don't know about infants, but kids are without a doubt insane from forelock to toe tip. And we indulge that insanity more and more with every passing day until, when the insanity is empowered by the hormonal tsunami of adolescence we not only buy them anything they want, but we give them access to a two-ton instrument for mayhem, suicide and murder along with a license to use it and a get out of jail free card.
- "I was all barbs on the inside, like a macrame purse lined with fishhooks."
- "I fix things *before* they break because I am all powerful."
- Let go or get dragged.
- GREAT ART HAS ONLY TWO THEMES, love and death. Everything else is either handicraft or entertainment.
- "... the rest is under a non-disparagement agreement."
Save to del.icio.us